Craigslist selling rant/looking for advice.

Well, I'm not much for storytelling, but the instant I walked into his gargage and saw "my" bad motor on the engine stand I knew it wasn't the one I sold him. I told him that wasn't the motor I sold him, he insisted it was, I pulled out my phone and showed him the picture I took of my motor's serial number, (which obviously didn't match the other motor), and he started to get major attitude. To make things worse for him, his s2000 is sitting right there, hood up, cylinder head pulled with MY block perfectly installed. I got mad and made a snide comment on how it was funny that the motor that is installed in his car has the same serial number of the one that's on my phone. He then tried to tell me that I had agreed to buy his bad motor when we talked on the phone??? At that point I just turned around to leave, he starts yelling and as I'm walking to my car he makes it a point to walk right behind me all the way talking shit. I didn't want to turn around and face him, but I definetly did not feel comfortable having my back turned to him. I was just glad to get out of there. No reason for any of that, you got a great deal on a complete short block that worked, what are you mad about?????
what a jackass!
major stupid obviously didnt realize the serial number of His motor Matches His car either...:hammer:
Glad you were prepared and Didnt get shafted.:thumbsup:

on the buy it broken part,that sounds Exactly like a guy i went to look at his stuff,had a rotortiller that was BEAT down,but great motor right shaft size.
says 50 bucks on the fone,i get there,suddenly it runs and its worth 175.
when i go to leave,the old geezer starts Yelling at me!??
making up all sorts of stories!!??
and acting like he was gonna gulp a bottle of geritol and attack me!!
i just looked at him,but there for a second i was a bit perturbed...

both these types should be avoided at all costs.

wow crazy. Glad it worked out for you got to keep youre money and didnt get beat up. People are crazy for sure. Iv returned money to ebay buyers for bad stuff. even though my ads say no returns. I try to keep them happy ish. I know some of the junk turns out to be junk after all and thats how it goes when your selling stuff that you havnt fully inspected yourself. I think you handled it fine I probrobly would have done the same thing. We have bought bad engines on craigslist but sure didnt go back asking for money. You take your chances.

Well, I'm not much for storytelling, but the instant I walked into his gargage and saw "my" bad motor on the engine stand I knew it wasn't the one I sold him. I told him that wasn't the motor I sold him, he insisted it was, I pulled out my phone and showed him the picture I took of my motor's serial number, (which obviously didn't match the other motor), and he started to get major attitude. To make things worse for him, his s2000 is sitting right there, hood up, cylinder head pulled with MY block perfectly installed. I got mad and made a snide comment on how it was funny that the motor that is installed in his car has the same serial number of the one that's on my phone. He then tried to tell me that I had agreed to buy his bad motor when we talked on the phone??? At that point I just turned around to leave, he starts yelling and as I'm walking to my car he makes it a point to walk right behind me all the way talking shit. I didn't want to turn around and face him, but I definetly did not feel comfortable having my back turned to him. I was just glad to get out of there. No reason for any of that, you got a great deal on a complete short block that worked, what are you mad about?????
I would call the cops and file a report. Just in case he tries anything since he knows where you live.

You did the right thing by walking away, guys like that just need a foot in their a** :hammer: but you never know what their capable of.
You should place an add on Craigslist warning everyone else not to deal with him.

If your ever in that situation again take someone with you. I had to deal with some squatters that were in a rental unit last week, the guy I took with me was an off duty sheriff deputy -they started getting frisky till they realized were both carrying concealed handguns (legally)

capguncowboy

I would call the cops and file a report. Just in case he tries anything since he knows where you live.
agreed. I would tell them the full story so it's documented

I buy and sell a lot on CL. I also have a handgun carrying permit (concealed or open) and even still, I always take someone with me when I'm meeting anyone. I don't have the gun on me when I meet people, but it's in the car if it's needed. I would hope that I never have to use it, but if I ever need it, it's there.

Last edited:
Yea, didn't really think of making a police report. That's definitely something I should do just in case. Yea, I've just never dealt with someone like that before. Most of the people I deal with are cool, just this one guy....

I always carry when I deal on craigslist. Kinda funny feeling to be in someone's house and they have no idea that they just let someone into their house or garage with a gun. Lucky for them I'm a good guy. They could just as easily let a criminal in.