Dave's honda 160 build

You are using the enrichment lever when you are starting correct? Also try opening the throttle a very slight bit when starting. Mine will not pull start even with the enrichment on unless I play with the throttle opening it a slight bit. I am using a 15 pilot and 130 main.

Jets are 130 and the other is the 12.5 and the lever on the side up or down to start ? My valve lash was set with the piston on top dead center where the valves are both closed , and at 2 and a half thousand .

This is where i'am at now, put the 15 pilot in and went one down on the clip it was in the center. It was easier to start but still not that easy . It still seems to be running lean , after idling for 5 min or more the plug is still showing more towards whitish color . It also doesn't want to start back up a second time real easy.

Well my brother is here for a week so we can work on his powells . He also brought his NRracing GX200 limited mod its got a 24 mikuni flat slide , we are going to try it on my motor tomorrow to see how it runs . Hers a pic of my motor test stand.

Well found most of the problem a intake leak . When i ported my head intake side got pretty big , the lower edge got kinda thin and also got the surface not flat . Fix , cut a small piece of marble to use as a sanding block and trued up the surface and also did intake and made a new thicker gasket all is good . I still need to epoxy around the outside of the intake port for more surface area for the manifold to seat against . Okay motor still starts a little hard but it also restarts , but is still kinda lean thinking of going to 17.5 pilot jet , but i'am still in middle clip will going down richen it up .

Pilot = idle to 1/3 throttle
Needle = 1/3 throttle to 2/3.
Main jet = 1/2 throttle to top end.

Go 1/4 to 1/2 turn out on idle and up one on the pilot to the 17.5

stangrcr1 and rmm727 thank you both very much for your help . I will try the 17.5 pilot . The motor rev's well off idle to wot , no bog i guess because its lean condition .

Well today found a 17.5 pilot at the honda dealer got it in got it started ( still hard to start ) . I also went down one on the clip was in the center . The motor idled great and reved good but seem to break up in the higher RPM's . Okay shut it down to check plug and were looking almost tan in color , But when i went to restart had to turn idle up and it would fire but the compression release was still partly stuck on then it released run ran fine . Do these comp releases hang up some times . This i know my cam from Isky is not a honda core the release was different looked cheaper than my stock cam .

rmm727

Do these comp releases hang up some times . This i know my cam from Isky is not a honda core the release was different looked cheaper than my stock cam .
That's a good question. It might explain why mine sounds funny when it first starts. It only lasts maybe 2 seconds at most.