does a minibike twist throttle already have built in springs?

if no, then how would i attach a spring to the engine to return it to idle everytime i let off the accelerator. im a little confused. (yeah, im a noob and this is my first build, thats why im asking a question like every 10 mins. lol)

oh and as always, THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!!! :smile::wink::smile::wink::smile:

71dodge

ok se in the pic were i circled it thats a spring that runs off of the accelarator carb. i ran a srping from the accelarator on the carb to a custom bracket i make then i used a hose clamp and clamped the one end of the bracket to the exahust and then drilled a hole in the bracket put the one end of the spring in the bracket and the other running to the carb it works like a dream and retrackes perfectly it took 10 minutes to make and 5 minutes to adjust it and the bike idles and the throttle retracts PERFECT hope this helps

View attachment 14405

Last edited:
What kind of engine are you trying to hook your throttle up to. Randy has a post how to hook up a throttle for Tecumseh started and theres pics for the clones also out there. I have Tecumseh's and clones throttle set ups in my photos also.

oldfatguy

I have run the throttle cable through the spring,it is a pain to get the cable into the clamp and tighten the screw with the spring on the cable but it does work very well. use a small washer if you need to stop the spring from sliding over the cable.