Doodle Bug Gx340 Clone Project

Tommyf

Here is a project I just finished and was wonder what everybody thought. Not quite sure how much hp it has but I think it will do 7000+ rpms. Also if anybody has any input how to squeeze more hp out of this motor that would be great, thanks!

Here is a list of mods that have been done.

Gx340 clone-
Cam .360" lift and 260* duration at .050" lift.
Port and polished head. Milled @0.60
Oversized stainless valves
Chrome moly push rods
Honda lifters
1:3 Roller rockers
55 lb springs
Billet rod
1" exaust
34mm Mukini carb, 210 jet
Buller clutch, black springs and 22 tooth drive sprocket
Billet adjustable flywheel @ 27 degrees advanced
Steel head gasket
70 tooth axle sprocket

Tommyf

Thanks for the advise rollin2. I wish I could lower the frontend alittle bit, but the front fork is non adjustable. I was actually looking at it the other day and was wishing the bike had a more straight stance. I just put a straight bar in to see how it felt and that seems alot more comfortable and I will have more control that way. Thanks again!

You coulda got more horse power by using the gx390. Its the same block as ur gx340 same size. So now you can actually bore ur 11hp to a 90mm bore. parsons racing carries the piston and rings for it and u can use all the rest of ur parts u have already.

Or you can just get a gx390 and swap all ur parts from ur gx340.:thumbsup:

Tommyf

Its pretty fast, but never fast enough! Lol. I havent had a chance to open it up yet and see what shes REALLY made of. I still need to find an nice long newly paved street with no houses on it. Any suggestions?

You coulda got more horse power by using the gx390. Its the same block as ur gx340 same size. So now you can actually bore ur 11hp to a 90mm bore. parsons racing carries the piston and rings for it and u can use all the rest of ur parts u have already.

Or you can just get a gx390 and swap all ur parts from ur gx340.:thumbsup:

I actually looked into boring out my 340 to a 390 and the cost was just as much as buying a new clone motor. Im thinking about swaping everything out to a 16 hp 420cc motor one day. That would be awsome! Then I would be getting closer to my 50hp goal.

Here is my .02,
Mill the piston flat and deck the block,get a rev small diameter 2# flywheel.get rid of the on board starter system to save more weight, drop the clutch engagement down to 2200-2400 rpm,get a 58 or 60 tooth rear sprocket. Remember these are high torque engines so work with that not just rpm's.

As for the front end,
I would rake it out and run flat or low rise bars.

Looks like you did a great job on it.

I agree on the rake, love the bike though, great job! All these drag bikes on here lately are making me want one bad! And I just happened upon a free GX390 a couple of weeks ago. :devil2:

SupaFly thinks it looks supafly, and SupaFly would like to know the size of the rim and tire on the rear?

Thanks for all the great feedback and comments everybody, keep it coming!
The rear is a 13"x6.5"x6" tire with a 6" rim.

Last edited:
nice minibike, like the new fork, and the header, is it enough for stopping the hydraulic brakes i am about to buy one like those because the original brake is just no good on the DB 30, but no sure how good they are.