Doodle Dumb- 16hp Vanguard build

If I'm going to hang onto something that weighs that little, and makes that much power & torque...

You can bet I want something grippy under my butt to keep me planted on the bike. :scooter:

I kinda have given it back to her for now. She's using it for school while I am finishing her new one. It took her a while to give it a shot again. She has more respect for it now.:scooter:

FWIW, I wouldn't hand that bike off to anyone I enjoyed having around (i.e. not seriously injured or dead) unless I knew that they had a good deal of experience riding.

Sitting an unexperienced rider on top of this thing is like putting someone who has a fresh-off-the-press motorcycle license on a big block Sportster (and I KNOW that song & dance by heart by now, I still have a burn scar on my leg & a bunch of scrapes up my back from my 1200 Sportster when I got my license).

For someone that knows how to ride, you have an absolute world-beater, but it is far, far from what anyone who is even remotely new to minibikes should ride (I would not feel comfortable riding it, I'm really new to mini's).

Hitting a pot hole & blipping the throttle is dangerous as hell. That Harley nearly friggin' killed me, and I should've known better. I imagine the very same could apply to this... it'll reach up & bite ya. Light weight + power = needs an experienced rider. :smile: