dunecycle info

does anyone have any information on a.p.e. dunecycles built in the 70's. i had one when i was a kid and just recently purchased one to restore and keep as a collectable . i am looking for any type of brochures ,pictures, anything, etc .

Are you sure it was APE and not HPE?

HPE/Muskin built the Cat minibikes. I laways thought the Dunecycle was built by the people that made Cat minibikes. Never was sure though.

Ok, just clicked on Kenny's link, and there you go. HPE's version. Not sure if it's the same or not.

Also have to remember that sometimes things get labeled wrong too. That's why brochures are nice.

Ok, just clicked on Kenny's link, and there you go. HPE's version. Not sure if it's the same or not.

Also have to remember that sometimes things get labeled wrong too. That's why brochures are nice.
thank you very much , that is a different one . if you google ape dunecycle you will find images. that is the one i am looking for info on .

What kind of info are you looking for ? I have brochures on all 4 A.P.E. Dncycles inclding both FlatTrackers and also dealer info with prices.
that is the type of info i would like to have . i am a collector of antique cars and things associated with cars. since i had one of these dunecycles in the 70's my kids encouraged me to restore one and would like to have any supporting info .
are you interested in selling your brochures and info and can you post pictures of what you have.

Well Dunecycle's were my biggest sales competition when I had my store . They were made in Santa Fe Springs, California and they sold a lot of small machines and most were only front suspension and rigid rear suspension and a lot of 5 HP Briggs. Their Spider machine was real hot with a Mc Culloch MAC101D engine and a Horstman torque converter. The also made a wicked full suspension machine with a Kohler two stroke snowmobile engine and twin expansion chambers. I fault them because the frame was real lightweight and compact not so easy for a big rider to be comfortable.
The even made one very unusual machine that had an 8 HP Wankel engine and to that I only saw pictures of one. The Spider suspended machine's are very rare I have checked e-bay all the time for over 5 years and only occasional see any machine and they are always the small 5 hp machines. APE is Allied Pacific Engineering
In all my racing on flat track, motocross and desert off road a Dunecycle never beat me
but I never played fair I had big time horsepower.
Steve :scooter:

i have a dunecycle by ape manufacturing that you speek of and it is made by A.P.E.
dunecycle santa fe ca. very peculiar bike, yellow in color, big chrome wheel caps inside the wheel made in the early 70s .thats all the info i have but if you find more about it let me know :thumbsup:

hello steve i have a dunecycle you spoke about. It has a 290cc 2 cyl 2stroke kohler moter centrifical clutch but ive neever seen another like it. Sounds like you think it was called a spider.independanrt rear suspension disc brake. 27 years ago i traded for it.

i JUST BOUGHT AN APE AND A SNOWCO ( HAS A SNOW SKI ON FRONT) fOR $10 AT GARAGE SALE! BOTH NEED A LOT OF WORK! iS IS POSIBLE TO FIND A AFTER MARKET SEAT?

dunecycles

Just became a member and i was wondering if and one knew of and dunecycles for sale. My brother and i have bine collecting them and we are looking for more. There's some out there just need to find them. Thank you