Foremost Golden Pinto

Looking for info on Foremost Golden Pintos. Have a frame from a project I did with my grandfather when I was 12 and I know little about them. Thinking about restoring it. Anyone have info on them. When they were made, original motors, etc... etc.

Welcome. This is a great board. Cool that you still have your old mini. Try looking at minidoodle for info. I think Foremost and Penneys and Fimco are all from the same manufacturer. Well, that drained my knowledge on the topic. Someone else here will probably also speak up.

minidoodle.com

nice golden pinto,i have one the same color as yours in my album,is orridganal
ther a nice little minibike, :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :smile:

Teep

ive got the exact same frame. never could find anyone who could tell me the story or history behind them. id love for someone to pipe up!

Didn't Bird Engineering in Omaha make the Golden Pinto for J.C. Penney's?

...and the Super 2-Speed for Sears Roebuck...both bikes based on the Bird Duck/Falcon frame.

KB2ROCKET

I just picked up one of these just because I could but Im up to my eyes in projects so I just hid it away for a someday project:confused:

Bird Mfg. made these bikes for J C penney . They sold there own named an El-Tigre . See pictures on minidoodle . I have 1 of each . Hope your scrub brake pad is good .

Yes the upper foot peg was added on . The blue on the seat pivot looks original , if so , it is a Big Blue . Bird used this same frame for both models of Golden Pinto , Big Blue and War Eagle and probably others . Sold by Sears Roebuck , JC Penney and Bird Mfg. The center stand means it most likely is 1974-76 . They are nice riding and a 5 hp Briggs works great in that frame if you do not use the original 4 hp Tecumseh . Good Luck with the build . Need to see your forks to know more about it .

Thanks, I will get a picture of the forks...It has been painted 4 times, the original coat was a school bus yellow color, that's why I'm guessing the pinto...Also the shocks were taken off and solid pipes were welded on. I want to put shocks back on but I need the bracket that holds the shocks to the seat. Any help ?

I will look to see if I have an extra set of brackets . Chipper has a post on how to make them and I think he has the decals . It is really simple to do . PM me if you have more questions .

That's a Falcon or Tarantula made by Bird and sold through Sears, that seat mount and sissy bar and the complete absence of shock mounts tell me this although one version of the Foremost Golden Pinto used that seat mount as a pivot.
i bought my son a minibike from a neighbor, I think it is a golden pinto. The upper foot pegs look to be added later.

Last edited: