Fox Sundowner with Sachs, Saxonette engine

Hi, I recently aquired a Fox Sundowner with a Sachs, Saxonette engine. I do not know how old it is.
The ID # on the frame is 011161
The ID # on the engine is 6770327 47 71
It runs and is in good shape and I am in the process of cleaning the gas tank of rust. I would like some help in regards to
Type and how much fluid goes into the automatic transmission
Is there an owners and repair manual out there.

Thanks, Ken

MikeBear

This manual has a lot of info. I bought it last year myself, and it's worth the money:

ARCTIC CAT MINI BIKE & OTHERS SACHS 50 REPAIR MANUAL | eBay

These guys also sell some parts, and an owners manual.

VINTAGE PARTS & HOFFCO/COMET Lauson power Certified Parts Corporation has Your Parts Cart for WetBikes, SurfJets, ATV's, PWC's, Mini-Bikes, Go-Karts, RV's, UTV's and Snowmobiles! OEM, aftermarket, and hard to find parts

Link to their owners manual: Item Details

Here's the guy (Bob Fragoman) who has all the parts and info, if you want them from the guy that bought the left-over stock when Fox went under. He also will send info on how to adjust things, including your carb.:

Bob
R. L. Fragoman
Box 157
Memphis, NY 13112
(315) 689-7047
mbman@juno.com

PS: send that serial and engine number info to Bob, and he can tell you exactly when your bike was manufactured.

PPS: When you look for parts on Ebay, also search using " arctic cat mini bike " as a search term. Several models used the same engine.

Last edited:
Anyone found a source for the Sachs Saxonette 50 AMA X service manual yet? If Robert doesn't sell them and I find one, I promise to scan the entire manual and post the PDF here. If someone out there has one, would you consider doing the same? I just missed one a couple weeks ago on ebay and who knows how much longer it will be before another shows up.

ice

I do not have a service manual but I have a parts breakdown.Fluid is dextron II , you remove plug on top and 2nd plug near bottom at front.with bike standing straight up you add fluid to top hole untill it runs out bottom hole.

Thanks! I found a scanned PDF of what must be the same parts list you have. It has both a parts list and exploded view. I had the entire engine apart 30 years ago but I was a teenager with no drawings and digital cameras didn't exist. At least I can go through it now and check to see that I put everything back in the correct sequence. Nothing worse than taking an engine apart and having extra pieces left over after reassembly. :laugh:

Thanks for the spec on trans fluid. Back then my dad suggested standard transmission fluid. I've since heard that unless you use the same thing specified by Sachs, you risked damaging the seals.

Thanks for the quick response!

Wade