Fox Thunderbolt 198 Mini "Cycle"

Does anyone else have one of these things? I could use a few parts, etc. I'm trying to finish this one up and could use some good pics of the kick-stand, chain guard clutch guard, and exhaust (mount on frame). In general I'd be interested in talking to anyone else who has one. Thanks

buckeye

I have a Thunderbolt, but not the cycle type. Those came after mine in my avatar.
Gosh, I know someone on here has one or two. I remember reading threads when i was trying to identify mine. Not a lot of em around. Let me do some searching and see what I can find for ya. Parts might be kinda tough but may be able to put ya in touch with someone. I'll get back to ya.
You may have seen this old stuff
http://pub44.bravenet.com/forum/static/show.php?usernum=3754563678&frmid=14&msgid=898092&cmd=show

Last edited:

fistfullabar

yeah buck your right that looks like after they bought speedway i think its a two stroke tec i want one peep the tank and the 14 inch wheels looks like speedway parts i think its a 73 maybe :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hey, thanks for the quick replies fellas. That's pretty cool that the bike is from '73 since I am too. Someone once told me that everybody should try and own an old V8 from the year they were born... but I'll settle for an old mini bike (I mean "cycle").

buckeye

Good luck. Willrupp also use to have a couple from old threads I read.
Do a search and you might find more info, I am sure you have, but never know what you might find. Minidoodle has some info if ya look there. not much though.
Anyway to help, ask away.

Those ThunderBolt pics are exactly what I have. Everything is original but I need a tank desperately. Mine is rusted right through where it laid on concrete. Exhaust and shield will be next on my list. Mine is a trail model without street lights. 5 hp/ four cycle Tec.
Mine has plastic fenders, origial rubber and seat. Nice to see some put together.

Here are a couple of pics of mine
Thanks for those - I was starting to think that I was the only guy with one? Did you make that clutch/pulley guard? Where is it bolted on to? Also, where does your kickstand bolt on and how long is it? Thanks again...

Yes I made the clutch guard, It was just something quick so I could ride it.Its attached to a clutch guard bracket . The bike is in storage, I will check the kickstand next time Im there. I would like to find a clutch guard and exhaust also!

Yes I made the clutch guard, It was just something quick so I could ride it.Its attached to a clutch guard bracket . The bike is in storage, I will check the kickstand next time Im there. I would like to find a clutch guard and exhaust also!
Does anyone know where I can pick up new fenders for a thunderbolt. I am restoring one and cant seem to find any. The ones I do have are old and bent/broke.
image1.JPG image2.JPG image3.JPG IMG_2016.JPG