got screwed by the Trail Horse

Found it listed as minibike, 400 bucks, no pic...Asked for a pic and recieved one ya couldn't see for :001_9898: It looked like a Bonanza and I said OH MY GOD :drool: Is that an all there lighted Bonanza? WOW it looks like it might be pretty sweet.. GLAD I asked that guy for pics... So.. I finally get clear hell and gone across Grand Rapids with a few extra bucks in my pocket... Get there to find THIS thing.. :doah: I ended up with two bikes

(The Bundle Strategy)

The Bad.....

It turns out NOT to be any Bonanza I ever saw

Fenders are broken.. Front is MANGLED...

Chain Guard missing

all kinds of stuff messed up...

The Good...

DECENT looking ORIGINAL H50 with lighting coil. All there and correct.. Good compression... Does it SMOKE at all??? :glare: No... :eek:hmy:

NICE original 2 speed jack shaft, with band brake, driver clutch, all complete and sweet.. :bowdown:

NICE!!!!! Original white seat, decent white original Hunt wild grips and peg covers.. :thumbsup:

Pretty GOOD looking round chrome cylinder tank under the seat :deal:

Nice chrome on the shocks, good tread on the tires... :deal:

I don't think it had many miles on it but the kids gave it HARD miles.. guy got it at an auction some 40 years later (tag remnants on the bars) ... His kid drove it for the summer probably, and parked it this winter.... :shrug:

It was listed at 400, the email said we'll take 275.... 3 months later it's 200 :shrug: today.... I wasn't too interested in that.. so he threw in another Bridgestone.. No motor and old as dirt.. SO far into the barn I couldn't see it.. :lol: BARELY see what the idea of it was... :lol: I ended up going 175 for both bikes because he said thats what he paid for the Trail Whore and wanted that back out of it... :shrug:

So I was already there after this whole huge nightmare all OVER Grand Rapids... He had me there, I had him there, the bike wasn't getting any nicer at their place.... AND DAMN!!!! That Lighted original Tec H50 NICE one with NICE two speed has to be worth that.. :drool:

PLUS some nice parts on the Bridgerstone.. :lol: NICE 1965 Honda ignition switch with key.. :shrug:

wooooooops! nice engine and 2speed though eh?

what the hell are people doing to these poor fenders? seems you can't find any nowadays without that shitty crack or bend. mine were the same dang way on my TH.

They are paper thin... :hammer:... ACTUALLY if it wasn't for that.. Most of the chrome will clean up pretty good I think.. :shrug: I JUST got back from GR with it..

Visited EZdoesit.. dropped off his motors.. :mellow:

I am going to straiten it out what I can.. The dude said it runs high idle or something is messed up with the cable.. :confused:

I looked at it and the brake cable is laying on the governor arm.. :doah: So theres that.. Not bad I guess.. Lots of parts that are ALL pretty damn nice.. Other than the soup can fenders.. :lol:

I like that trail horse, its worth that all day especially with that motor and 2 speed. Let me know if you wanna sell the bike? And did you ask ez about the deal with jeep?

Yep those fenders are always screwed up , except for the nice ones on my TH. I was in talks with another member who does fiberglass work to use mine as a template to reproduce them. We will see :thumbsup: I hope so because I need a set for the Trail Blazer I just started on. If someone was really into it you could take a regular fender and weld two small washers on each side for the mount. Wouldn't be hard at all.

Last edited:
I like that trail horse, its worth that all day especially with that motor and 2 speed. Let me know if you wanna sell the bike? And did you ask ez about the deal with jeep?
I talked to him on the phone BEFORE that thread came up.. He told me ALL ABOUT that whole deal before I ever knew of there being a problem to begin with.. :mellow:

No he didn't say anything about it today... WELL... except for

"Thats the door I bring (that gokart) out of.. Theres an elevator right there on my floor"

And thats all I got to say about that... until the thread is un-locked...

well, I spent a day taking the bike all apart.. Checked everything out.. Cleaned everything up, hammered out the fenders some.. Stool wooled the hell out of it.. Made sure all the mechanicals were just as I wanted them (I'm quite picky about function) :hammer:

The carb and intake were falling off and bolts were messed up, throttle cable had some kinks and was questionably assembled... Muffler was hanging and loose..

So I just pulled i all apart and went through everything.. VERY particular about how well every screw and linkage worked.. New fuel line, realigned and the tank with rubber mounts so it won't hit the seat and frame anymore..

It was a project but after assembly I filled it with gas, pulled it thee times and ran great... SLIGHTLY rich on the idle... I played with it more a minute and had it running perfect.. :bowdown: The guy was rite, NO smoke.. Great compression... Now that its dialed in I can go out and choke it one pull, turn the choke off and watch it idle... boomp boomp boomp boomp... 20 degrees out.. :drool: She runs like a beast.. Nice old survivor bike.. I'm glad I bought it I guess... Still uploading pics.. Someone built a couple home made brackets and stuff that need figured out... :eek:ut:

man, you got all the luck! if things go wright,by next tuesday i will have
a B/S 5 HP air cleaner ready to paint,if not tuesday then wensday for shure,
i dont work as fast as i used to,getting old,wayne

I'll put on Evilbay in pieces if it comes to that... :deal: I hate to tear apart such a complete original nice bike like that though.. Especially being it's like absolute TOP of the line Trail Whore ever built... :doah:

why not keep it, if its your nicest mini just ride around town and impress the ladies:thumbsup:
:doah: I have a lot nicer... :lol: I actually plan on putting very FEW miles on this bike because the two speed is hard as hell to replace and they are NOT made for heavy abuse on a daily basis.. The bike is better suited as a (sit there and loot at it bike)

I will drive it some this spring and summer if I own it.. Drive it clear out to Ducktucky to show off... Get all drunked up, try to get a DWI on it, thrown in jail, bike impounded... :doah:

for the most part I'm thinking of building a for sale thread on the bike.. A Trail Horse fan would appreciate the bike much more than I will...