Greyhound is not the only company that can lose a bike!

Well, as luck would have it the Huffy Hustler I bought on here has been vaporized by Fedex. They cant find it and it doesnt seem like they are even trying. The biggest problem is the seller told me they were shipping it Greyhound(which had me worried) and when I asked for the pick up info they presented me with a Fedex tracking number. I have sent a message asking if they insured the package but havent gotten a response yet. I'm guessing thats a "no." Looks like I'm eating this one. It really sucks because the bike was original and complete.
So, if you happen to find a large 100# box with a Huffy in it, let me know??:doah::biggrin:

It was shipped and scanned several times. Last scan was 8/2 heading to Grove City OH. They think the label came off the box and they sent it to their research facility in Utah...:doah:

MB165

That sucks, I hope it comes up undamaged.

as of lately I am taping a copy of the seller and buyers info directly to the item before it goes into the box, and write in sharpy marker directly onto the box the same info....makes it hard to peel off the info and claim a lost item.

old-timer

Scamming Member
That does suck, but hopefully it will turn up. I would think a box that size and weight would be hard to miss :shrug:

Vic

45t

That really stinks. :angry:

I think the shipping really starts with the seller. We've all read the horror stories about careless sellers who cut corners on packing and try to go the cheapest route to ship and there are usually problems.

I'm in the same boat as you with a bike purchase but the seller never gave me any tracking info. So I'm letting paypal handle the dispute.

Hopefully you can still find it with the tracking info you already have.

It's a tough spot for sure. I appreciate everyone's input. The seller shipped it although they changed their option without telling me. It's not Fedex's fault if the label wasn't secured well in the first place. It just seems to me if the last scan was "in transit, Grove City, OH" you would start there? Then go to the research center in Utah?
I've always loved these bikes and it's just killing me that this one was so original and now it may be gone. I cannot afford to spend the cash twice right now as I've committed to a few more bikes so I'm just gonna have to cross my fingers. I will call my caseworker daily till she gets tired of me though. They said they get two weeks to trace it??:censure:

I considered buying a purple and chrome Hustler in Winfield Kansas they want $225 for, it's complete but the seat is recovered and has clutch cover and all but too far to drive for me. It's listed in the part of CL that gives items in surrounding areas to OKC but pops up on Wichita CL. I sure hope things work out for you Chad, it would suck to have to take a beating like that.

As much as we blame Greyhound, fedex and USPS for losing our stuff.......It is usually due to poor packing on the customers end. At least fedex can track the package unlike greyhound. I hope they find it. Think positive:thumbsup:

markus

It's a tough spot for sure. I appreciate everyone's input. The seller shipped it although they changed their option without telling me. It's not Fedex's fault if the label wasn't secured well in the first place. It just seems to me if the last scan was "in transit, Grove City, OH" you would start there? Then go to the research center in Utah?
I've always loved these bikes and it's just killing me that this one was so original and now it may be gone. I cannot afford to spend the cash twice right now as I've committed to a few more bikes so I'm just gonna have to cross my fingers. I will call my caseworker daily till she gets tired of me though. They said they get two weeks to trace it??:censure:
Thats a bummer, its probably sitting with a set of hard to find VW thing/181 rear torsion bars that they lost that were intended for one my bugs I built. that was a poor packing job by the seller, all I got at my door was an empty heavy duty mailing tube with an open hole at the bottom :doah: