Has this site ever done a winter minibike build off?

Hent

Well, if it's easy to organize come up with a list of rules/regulations for people and deadlines. You can even be in charge of it.

Here are the rules from the other site im on (the chopper underground)

Start date February 1st 2012!
Deadline for entry post February 1st 2012! If we do not have an entry post picture by end of day on February 1st you will not be allowed to enter.
Finish date March 31st 2012!
Engine must be single cylinder, flat head or OHV (i have ammended this rule for this website)
Centrifical or generic torque converter(such as slip-belt system) ONLY !!!!
No bike allowed unless it's less than half finished! You can start gathering parts and materials now, but assembly and fabrication not allowed until February 1st, 2012.
Must be a shot of the bike/parts pile up front with a sign with OldMiniBikes 2012 BBO (Entry Post)!
Must be a photo of you riding the bike or a video of the bike running at the end!
Must have at least one update by the builder every month! Even if your bike is complete you must post something. This post is due by the 15th of each month!!
Finished bike must be a runner and not necessarily be road legal were you live
Winner by popular vote - One vote per user
Non Starters & Drop Outs will be deleted to avoid clutter. This means if you do not post once per month minimum or make an entry post by 2/15/11 your entry will be deleted. To be clear on this, you must have 1 post in your thread at least once every 30 days. If you go longer than 30 days you will be removed. This is automatic and cannot/will not be altered.
Constructive feedback is welcome in the threads. However, we will not tolerate bashing or negative comments towards others work. If you do not like something someone is doing then just keep it to yourself. This is not an oppurtunity to begin a flame war. Negative posts in the threads will be deleted and the offending member warned! The 2nd time the offending member will be removed from the BBO (if participating) and receive a 3 day suspension from the site followed by 1 week of Moderator approval posting.

It would be up to you guys to decide if you want change the start/finish date, and if you want to have a certain engine HP max or wheel size max

OldMiniBikes had a build off a few years ago , here is my bike from that one.
Oldsledz Ruttman pictures by oldsledz - Photobucket

I would like to see the finish date pushed back to at least May 31 a lot of us up north guys don't have as decent place to paint in the winter.
I'm with oldsledz on that, I live in cali but in the higher altitude and it's typically in the 30's and 40's here during the day until march or so.. plus it takes me a while to get done only get to work them on the weekends.

it being the first year, i dont want to add to many classes and make it to confusing or cluttered.

How about this:

Home Built Frame
Vintage Frame
Modern Frame

there will be winners for each, but ONLY the overall winner will receive a trophy.

what years do we consider vintage?