Heads up on a new 10hp tec

toomanytoys

Shaft 1-3/8" dia. x 1-1/8",
stepped to 7/8" dia. x 1-7/8"
then tapered. OA length 4.33"
tapped 5/16-24 no keyway

i was about to order one.

Thanks for the heads up, Texasfabguy! :thumbsup:

I couldn't resist such a sweet deal, got mine on the way.

A little lathe and mill work and then something to bolt it into
like an old Gote or Heald. :scooter:

Bob

Well I wish I knew for sure.I just picked up a Bronnco and it has a gx200 in it. My sons Bronnco we had to mill the head down on the top right to the fins and run shorter head bolts. I was hoping I did not need to do the same with the Tec. Is the HH100 the base for the Star engines?
10hp out of the box sounds better than a clone with a bunch of mods to make 10hp. Plus it a flathead! just would look more appropriate in the bike.

Hey gang,

My engine arrived today. Looks to be an HM100, 358cc's.

I got out my tape measure and a straightedge and did a height measurement.

It's 12.5" to the top of the headbolts, 13.25" to the top edge of the muffler and 13.5" to the top of the plug wire.

For comparison, my 7hp Briggs is 13.5 to top of the headbolts and 15" to the top of the plug. As I recall, the 6,7 and 8hp Briggs are the same. I don't know what a 5hp Briggs measures.

The Tec IS a wider engine than the Briggs, looks to be about an inch wider from the drive side motor mount bolt to the case edge.

Here are a few shots. In the last pic, I'm holding calipers set to .750" to show where the crank will end when turned down to 3/4". This .750 datum is 3.75" from the case seal and 2.625" from the end of the 1.375" diameter.

Anyone need more measurements, just holler!:smile:

The specs

10 HP TECUMSEH ENGINE
New, Tecumseh horizontal engine built for driving electric generators. Cast iron sleeve, fixed speed governor. Low oil shutdown. Lighted on/off switch. Not for sale or use in California.

SPECIFICATIONS Model LH358XA-15493
Engine Family
Power 10 HP
Speed 3600 RPM
Start Recoil
Shaft Horizontal
Fuel Tank No
Shaft 1-3/8" dia. x 1-1/8",
stepped to 7/8" dia. x 1-7/8"
then tapered. OA length 4.33"
tapped 5/16-24 no keyway
Mount 3-1/4" x 6-3/8"
Accessory Mount 4 bolt on 3-5/8" B.C.
Size 12" x 13-1/2" x 13"
Shpg. 60 lbs.

Hey gang,

My engine arrived today. Looks to be an HM100, 358cc's.

I got out my tape measure and a straightedge and did a height measurement.

It's 12.5" to the top of the headbolts, 13.25" to the top edge of the muffler and 13.5" to the top of the plug wire.

For comparison, my 7hp Briggs is 13.5 to top of the headbolts and 15" to the top of the plug. As I recall, the 6,7 and 8hp Briggs are the same. I don't know what a 5hp Briggs measures.

The Tec IS a wider engine than the Briggs, looks to be about an inch wider from the drive side motor mount bolt to the case edge.

Here are a few shots. In the last pic, I'm holding calipers set to .750" to show where the crank will end when turned down to 3/4". This .750 datum is 3.75" from the case seal and 2.625" from the end of the 1.375" diameter.

Anyone need more measurements, just holler!:smile:
Thank you,that's what I wanted to know. I can make this fit way easier than the 8hp briggs we put in my son's bronnco. His 8hp briggs is 305cc and is tall as your 7hp.