Heathkit Boonie seat

Did this for an OldMiniBikes member. He had an original that I used for a pattern.
The first picture is of the original on the left and my new one on the right. The second and third are the new seat.
Thanks for the seat. Loren does very nice seats at a great price. This is the 2nd seat he's made for me. This was his first logo and it turned out great.

Brooklyn Bob, RobertC, ole4 and Ajf, thanks for the compliments.

ole4,
My wife and I invested in a computer aided cutter called a Cricut. It allowed me to make a stencil, which I then sprayed a vinyl dye to make the logo. Due to copyright laws the logo is not an identical copy.
And yes, I am getting into the seat making business. I work as an aviation upholster for a large company, so I find the mini seats a bit of fun to do.

I now have patterns for a this Heathkit, a MTD Trailflite and my Fox Street Scamp.

Oh, does anyone know what models the Heathkit seat is for? Does it go on more then the Boonie?

Thanks,
Loren

markus

Brooklyn Bob, RobertC, ole4 and Ajf, thanks for the compliments.

ole4,
My wife and I invested in a computer aided cutter called a Cricut. It allowed me to make a stencil, which I then sprayed a vinyl dye to make the logo. Due to copyright laws the logo is not an identical copy.
And yes, I am getting into the seat making business. I work as an aviation upholster for a large company, so I find the mini seats a bit of fun to do.

I now have patterns for a this Heathkit, a MTD Trailflite and my Fox Street Scamp.

Oh, does anyone know what models the Heathkit seat is for? Does it go on more then the Boonie?

Thanks,
Loren
Would you like to add trail blazer to the list :shrug: I gotta get back on working on this thing!

delray

they look very nice. may i ask what the OldMiniBikes member price for one of them.
there is alot of boonie guys here.......:thumbsup: maybe you can sell couple extra's and pay for you time and material...:thumbsup:

if heathkit came after you for logo copyright i would be highly impressed.

i dont think making a custom seat to restore an old thing with a correct logo is the same as say mass producing them and selling them taking profits away from heathkit..

they look very nice. may i ask what the OldMiniBikes member price for one of them.
there is alot of boonie guys here.......:thumbsup: maybe you can sell couple extra's and pay for you time and material...:thumbsup:
Just the Heathkit cover , no wood or foam, I think $85.00 and shipping would work.
That would be with a heat pleated top and silver welt.

Keep in mind that the logo on the back is not an identical copy and the top pleated material has a different grain texture to it. So, my point is that it is not a true reproduction. I've attempted to get it as close as I can with the materials available at this time.

Loren

if heathkit came after you for logo copyright i would be highly impressed.

i dont think making a custom seat to restore an old thing with a correct logo is the same as say mass producing them and selling them taking profits away from heathkit..
I agree that it wouldn't make a great deal of sense from a cost standpoint , in regards to the originator , to persue.

Heathkit has changed ownership. The new owners are into electronics only from what I have been able to find.

The design I put on the pictured seat has 6 or7 changes to it. It's a fair replica.

Loren