Hello fron upper Northern California!

I'm a retired 61 year old who loves anything that moves or flys. Right now my son in law and myself have two projects. His 1970 Nova and his mini bike that's been thrashed. I'm not sure of the manufacturer but on the fork mounting tube is stamped "Made in Japan". The handle bars mount on the top fork plate like a motorcycle and are not one piece with the forks. I only have a mig welder to rebuild the forks so I hope it all works safely! I hope to be able to reap some of your knowledge and will offer some back if I can.
With the gas situation I have thought about converting one of our quads to street use as they do in Europe but until I can figure out how to do that legally i hope to design and build an old minibike style bike.
Thanks for having this forum!

Welcome! Post a picture of your bike, the guys will tell you exactly what you have. It could even be an old Kawasaki Coyote.
If you build a bike, consider going diesel! (one of my favorites)

Thanks it does appear to be a Coyote!

I have it stripped down so I will get some pictures soon. The front forks have been cobbed up and didn't have springs. Wonder if I I should restore?
Thanks,

Jeff