Help:Slick For Stock Doodle Bug Back Rim

Whats Up Mini Bikers! Quick Question I Have A DB30 That I'm Having A Very Hard Time Finding A Slick That Would Fit The Back Rim :shrug: Is There Any One That Can Point Me Into The Right Direction Or At least A Website lol I Would Appreciate It!!:thumbsup: I Also Have A Build Coming Up Soon! Be Looking Out! :thumbsup:

I can grab a pic in the mornin. And I am not a fan of DBs..but I would drive that one Strangrcr1..that is pretty slick. :thumbsup:

GustoGuy

Here is a drag slick in my DB:

But seriously, the kart tires work.

This one would work
Stangrcr1 That is one heck of a custom frame:thumbsup:. Did you fab that yourself? Since it is stretched I bet it would take a lot of horsepower to pop a wheelie with that frame unlike a stock short bodied DB30. I bet lots of people stretch their frames just to make it more controllable to drive with a mean Clone or Honda racing engine shoe horned into it. I find mine can be a bit squirrely on a gravel road while going around corners at times especially while accelerating. Both my wife and step daughter lost control of it the first time they rode it. I would not let any little kids under 16 years of age ride a Doodle bug with a Predator 212cc in it since they could end up with a nasty case of road rash.

This one will have a built 390 and the build thread is in the Build-Off section. It started as a stock red DB and has grown to this.

And Cheezer, if I ever get to Windber, you can ride it.

And Gusto, here is my less modded DB with a Predator:

GustoGuy

This one will have a built 390 and the build thread is in the Build-Off section. It started as a stock red DB and has grown to this.

And Cheezer, if I ever get to Windber, you can ride it.

And Gusto, here is my less modded DB with a Predator:

Nice. I like the stretched frame. It looks like it is at least a 4 to 6 inch stretch on the frame. I will be getting the hydro brakes for my bike and I would love to add a GTC TAV2 since I heard it can add an additional 10mph to the top speed and still give good acceleration. Mine goes about 35mph now and I heard 40 to 45mph plenty fast for a minibike

The Carlisle turf tamer in my pic above is a 15x6.5x6 and fits on the stock rim. Barely.

I tried 13" tires on my other db and the pegs and kickstand drug the ground on corners. Maybe I am too aggressive a rider...

Also Gusto, Mine needs the wheelie bar with the 66 tooth rear sprocket. Thinking of going down to 60 to lessen the lift. And yes it is a 4" stretch.

Just get a 13x5x6 Carlisle Rib tire for the front from Ebay....

Like this one

The pocket bike tires are a good inch shorter, even though the size says the same. Been there, tried that, hit the pavement because of it...

Last edited:

GustoGuy

The Carlisle turf tamer in my pic above is a 15x6.5x6 and fits on the stock rim. Barely.

I tried 13" tires on my other db and the pegs and kickstand drug the ground on corners. Maybe I am too aggressive a rider...

Also Gusto, Mine needs the wheelie bar with the 66 tooth rear sprocket. Thinking of going down to 60 to lessen the lift. And yes it is a 4" stretch.
Real cool drag Doodle frame you have there Stangrcr1. I bet you will have that built 390 clone putting out way over 20Hp easily :thumbsup:. With a properly set up TAV with a strong spring on the secondary to wind up the rpms on the launch you could get some hard acceleration with that big slick and stretched custom frame. yet have some decent top end too especially if you have a billet rod and flywheel and have removed the governor.

Last edited:
Gusto, the build thread for the 390 and the real drag bike is in the Build-Off section. The gold bike is a fairly stock Predator in a stretched DB frame for general riding.

I am guessing mid to high 20s hp spinning a snowmobile clutch. Yeah it will hit hard. BTW, it is not a clone. Real Honda GX390. ARC rod and flywheel are in it...
Along with some other stuff.

Sorry for this mess in your thread Marlin...

Last edited:

vwfan79

I was running a 15-6-6 ribbed tire on the rear that did well but I wasn't able to find a slick in that size, the width of the 13-6.5-6 squeezed on the stock rim gives it a little extra height. But he is right there is the peg thing with the 13" on corners.

Are you planning on drag racing, or are you just looking for a tire that isn't knobby? If you just want something for street use, I recommend the turf savers from Carlisle. Fairly cheap, and you won't rub on the turns. I think I have a 15x5.5x 6, and it fit fine. You could go a smidge wider if you wanted, but the bigger rear tire will give you more clearance. Not sure if the larger circumference will help with speed. You running a mostly stock motor? If so , a smaller rear wheel might affect your speed. Somebody on here will chime in with info on that. They know a lot more than I do when it comes to that technical stuff.