HF engine should I keep it?

oldsledz

This would be a good test - I live a mile from HF Corporate and know a couple of HF employees. I could have them get me into a meeting with the brass, show them this thread, and we could see how the company feels!

Bet you don't want me to do that!

Go ahead and get your meeting why would I care? All I have said is what I was told when I bought the engines, I was told the same thing when I bought both engines the first on 12/26/07 the second on 03/14/10. Both were bought at store number 188 Saginaw Michigan 989 792-3430 If HF employes are lying to sell Replacement plans that is something store managers and HF corporate need to put a stop to.

After your meeting have HF corporate PM or email me a phone number and i will be happy to call them.

This would be a good test - I live a mile from HF Corporate and know a couple of HF employees. I could have them get me into a meeting with the brass, show them this thread, and we could see how the company feels!

Bet you don't want me to do that!
Do you honestly think that we are the first people to think this way?

How 'bout the people that can't spell "VARY" well? LOL. Just because they said it, doesn't mean that you should take advantage of it. It was probably some pimply faced dumbo kid that gave you the wrong info. They're probably so used to seeing scum bags bringing engines back toward the end of the warranty, and getting handed another one, no questions asked. It's kinda like going out for a meal, eating 95% of it, and then telling the manager, "I didn't like that, I want my money back". By the way, if you don't like answers...don't ask questions. Good luck. Scott.
Exactly! If it was that "pimply" faced kid that said that, ask his boss if he agrees with that.

I would guess it only has 10 to 20 hours run time on it should I keep the one I have or get a new one?
:doah: I just don't understand why you would even consider removing a running engine that has barley been broken in for new one. First off I have had really good luck with these engines but quite a few people have had problems with them out of the box. So theirs always the risk that your new engine may NOT work as good as your old one.

I'm not even going to get into the honesty part of it LOL

Sledz,
If you got one of the older ones with the fuel gauge, I'd keep it, if not it would be up in the air, you call it, if they said you could bring it back, there is nothing wrong with that, and I consider myself to be an honest person, even if it was a pimpley faced kid that told you that, someone at HF said you can do it, so that's all you should need to go on. and go ahead and get the extended waurentee, so you can do it again, until they actually tell you you can't, why is everyone trying to be so rightous, I don't understand, one of the golden rules is to follow the laws of mankind, so none of you Bible Thumpers never ride your beloved mini's on the road?
He said, they said, he could bring it back, even if there was nothing wrong with it! Why shouldn't he take advantage of that if he so desires?
Sorry but if anyone sees something wrong with that, we can't go riding on the street together, I'm afraid that you might be calling "Johnnie Law" behind my back!!!:thefinger:
dave

Sooner79

Let's quit bullshitting around! Of course hf does not endorse your "warranty" as a promised replacement policy. And just because some minimum wage employees tipped you off on how to steal from their employer and not get caught, it is just not right!

You obviously do not own your own business!

If my dad was alive he would say to you, "there are a million ways to steal, you first have to decide if you are a crook!"
This!!!!

I dont understand completely what is going on, but when I was younger, Id return things and nothing wrong with them, but as I "matured" I have been shown, its against the law (meaning the law of honesty in our mind) and may have to 'repay" in another unwanting, unsuspecting way.

When you do whats right, it cant be wrong.

I dont understand completely what is going on, but when I was younger, Id return things and nothing wrong with them, but as I "matured" I have been shown, its against the law (meaning the law of honesty in our mind) and may have to 'repay" in another unwanting, unsuspecting way.

Awesome. You have crystalized my thoughts, elequantly. Scott.

MiniBike Paul

That is right on! And to keep this straight, I am anything but a "bible thumper"!

Im not condoning taking the motor back. I just want to make a statement.

The employees do say these things, I was guilty of it, Reason is you get paid a bonus every time you sell a warranty. It's left open to basically do what you want to make the sell. And since the warranty is sooooo open at HF they take pretty much anything back for a return.

Also I guess its dishonest to use the coupons we have been sharing? Since they where not intended for the people that use them.

I agree with machinebike.

on my brothers old nova he had a one year warranty on the plug wires. he would take them back every year and get the new ones it worked out great because by the end of the year they were pretty beat. Plus he had a hug 150000 volt coil on it lol. Anyways i say if you have a good running engine still with no obvious faults and low hours keep it.

so you know how they push the workers to sell plans
Yes Jesse8931 I do know from personal experience that they have monthly meetings and if the numbers are not there. They push there workers to sell Warranty's, well there always pushing to sell them just more so if the stores numbers are low.
Also when I worked there even if customers didn't have warranty's we would take anything back as long as we still stocked it. Since anything tool related has a life time warranty anyway.

I've always used Autolite plugs on my vehicles. They have, or at least had, a 2 year, unlimited mileage warranty. Well, I ran them for close to 2 years, and the truck was still running great. Anyway, I took them out, packaged them up, and sent 'em in. A couple weeks later, I got a check in the mail. I felt guilty as hell. I still use Autolite, but when it's time for a tune-up, I just toss 'em. Scott.