Hoarder house

Got a hoarder house dropped in my lap . Long story short a friends folks had passed away a few years a go , he is an only child and lives in Houston and wants no part of it . So me and my wife worked out a deal we would clear it out for a 80 - 20 split and we get the 80 . He wants nothing much and we get first pick and sell the rest. Can you say OMG !!! So far ammo I got boxes and boxes and Two guns so far, but dumb ass took all he could find to the pawn shop before this deal was known. This makes me cry M1 s 1911 3006 7mm mag and the list go's on , but I still have hope there's more. So far I've got three 5 gal buckets of snap on tools , today found a case of R 12 sealed no rust , and I just made a small dent in the garage. We are talking pack to the roof not just the garage but the hole house is that way. Fishing poles tackle boxes old old old I'm in heaven . In the back yard sheds full I can look threw the windows and see riding lawn mowers , a chipper and tons of car parts. So far I rented a 14 yd dumpster and filled it 7 times with trash , the only bad thing is you need to go threw every box because it my be full of magazines and at the bottom there's 45 clips or tools . Back to the garage I can see a 302 compleat and 5 speed trans, look a little harder and there's a big block chevy there we go boys I'm back in the game .when I talked to our friend he said when he was a kid he had a bonanza mini bike well now I'm on the hunt for the sucker , and if I find it I too will be in the bonanza brother hood . Who knows what we will find tomorrow , I will keep y'all posted . Ride free my friends. :scooter:

buckeye

That is a lot of work.
But, fun as it can be. I got so distracted reading stuff and trying to figure out the history of stuff, it took forever.

Great deal for you.:thumbsup:

Hey Hornet,

What a story....sounds like a good opportunity...well worth your effort IMO.

But quite a job.

Anyway, good luck on the bonanza hunt, and keep us posted as to the treasures you discover.

sounds like a treasure hunt through one mans junk,good luck on the bonanza,who knows what you will find in it,has to be fun finding something not expected though. Have fun:thumbsup:

WOW!!!!! Thats a great deal....

I don't think I'd post anything about finding anymore guns to the the interwebs where the terrorists will know to come for them one day.. :mellow:

You are in the great there.. :thumbsup: Sounds like a jackpot.. I'd think the Bonanza could just be your tip for cleaning out all the garbage.. :laugh:

cool good to hear it went to someone who wont throw it All in the dumpster. My dad cleaned out a house for a neighbor like that in 95 right before we moved too. So we had a ton of extra stuff to haul :doah: The house was in the rich neighborhood but newspapers and crap stacked to celing. Literally! The guy was afraid to flush used toilet paper:censure: I was only 10 years old and my dad doesnt like keeping too much junk so im sure alot of good stuff still got trashed . But anyway sounds like a good freind :laugh:

A few years ago I got a call on a wanted ad I had on Craigslist from a guy that had a ham radio for sale. He said it was in the dumpster at his fathers house and he remembered his father using it from when he was a kid.... I met up with the guy and gave him $200 for it... He thought it was a lot of money for something so old and heavy. But was glad his memories weren't being thrown out.... I sold the 2 piece Collins transmitter/receiver for $2300 on Ebay.... Careful what you throw out. One mans junk IS another mans treasure..:thumbsup:

Good catch on the photo TRK not sure if it made it . And I did make it all the way to the back of the garage and un barricaded one of the roll ups and opened the door , I bet it has not been opened in 15 years I will try to take more photos as I pill back the layers.

get me on that small block and 5 speed for a decent price and ill give you a bonanza:scooter:
I'm not a ford guy but I do like the old stangs , I will shoot you some photos of motor and tranz tomorrow , but on the 302 it's still in cased + I've been stacking short metal in front of it , the tranz is easy to get to. If you like what you see I would trade for bonanza and what ever it would be in scrap . Oops that's the chevy coming out in me Lol. From the front it looks to be in the 70s or 80s but what do I know about fords ?

Looks like some cool finds.Keep a diggin,never know what you will find.
Thanks just like tom hanks said in castaway ( you never know what the tide will bring ) and when I first saw the little gen I thought it was some kind of old wood floor sander ? In till I dug it out in the open and then said wow old school cool.