how to improve your db30 frame

this is a thread im starting for people to list what they've done to there frame to improve it :thumbsup: everyone does engine mods, how about frames?

Ill start: i moved my kickstand mount to the rear by the back tire to increase ground clearance

Last edited:
Unfortunately it sits as pictured. Between my health issues and my brother wanting something else now, I'm going to say it'll be a while. He rode it when we got it to this point and instead of putting his feet up on the pegs he just kinda floated them along the street. They both got caught and stuck under the rear tires, got really bad road rash, so now he's scared of it. It doesn't turn that well, but I have ridden it, the thing absolutely flies!!

I'm in the process of finishing a '93 SHO-Taurus that he bought just before we got the minis, so.. if I can stay out of the hospital for a bit I'll be able to get it done, then move on. Too many projects!!! LOL:innocent:

what forks are those? they look like some sort of pit bike or pocket bike forks. are they adjustable in height?
Hey Danny those are Yamaha PW 80 forks! They can be found on ebay for anywhere from $35-$80 shipped with no triples depending on the time of year, seller and demand I guess! They could be adjustable depending on the triple trees....mine are home made and I welded two bars from the top plate so they cant be adjusted anymore, although where they are positioned now evens out the stance but the forks do stick up above the top triple but might work fine with some clip on's for a more crotch rocket look instead of offroad!! The forks are a little long for a DB 30 but work fine with the modded trees!!
Have you not found a replacement yet for your stock DB high speed forks yet? Just curious as I had seen you had been looking for awhile............

Last edited:
Hey Danny those are Yamaha PW 80 forks! They can be found on ebay for anywhere from $35-$80 shipped with no triples depending on the time of year, seller and demand I guess! They could be adjustable depending on the triple trees....mine are home made and I welded two bars from the top plate so they cant be adjusted anymore, although where they are positioned now evens out the stance but the forks do stick up above the top triple but might work fine with some clip on's for a more crotch rocket look instead of offroad!! The forks are a little long for a DB 30 but work fine with the modded trees!!
Have you not found a replacement yet for your stock DB high speed forks yet? Just curious as I had seen you had been looking for awhile............
oh okay. no I have not found any replacements yet. I think I'm just going to have to buy a torch and beat on them till I get them as straight as possible