I have had it with backyard small engine repair guys

I have been using this retired guy down who has a small engine repair shop to work on my engines while I consentrate on restoring the rest of the mini bikes. Well the last couple of Tecumsehs he has worked on have never come back 100%. The last one I took him was off a snowblower. It ran but was leaking gas and wouldn't run with the choke off all the way, so I took it to him for a carb rebuild. Well he had it for a week and calls me to say he gives up on it because it still wont run with the choke off all the way. He bought and installed a carb kit. That didn't work so he took it to the local mower shop and had it utrasound cleaned. Still didn;t work, So he cleans and set the valves, and said he put new points and condenser in it. Still not right. So I went to pick it up. He said he wouldn't charge me for the labor since it wasn't right but still had to charge me for the parts ($50 ) I gave him an extra $10 for trying, and took it to another shop.

This guy calls me and tells me its fixed, and the needle wasn't seating right( ???? )So I go to pick it up today, and when I got there he said it stopped Running and now had no spark, but he did get the other Tecumseh running good. So I tell him I will take it home and look at it. I am not helpless . just dont have the time or room to work on them. I take the flywheel off and the keyed is sheared,
( well theres the problem right ) I look at the points and condenser and its some old rusty condenser he put in there and he didn't tuck the wires behind the thing so the wires came in contact with the flywheel and wore off the insulation grounding it out...:no:

Long story short I went to the nearest mower shop got new parts and now it runs great. I am pissed that he lied to me about putting new parts in the motor just to recoop some of his labor. I think I will just do them myself from now on and save myself the trouble, and at least I will know where the money is going.:hammer::hammer::hammer:

maddcarson

i know how ya feel. thats happend to me on a carb rebuild where there was no jet seat so then they tell me they cant only buy the seat they have to buy the hole kit.

Well thats the funny part. He gave me a bag with an old condenser and points in it. I guess he never thought I would look inside the motor.:cursing: