Is 40mph normal for a Briggs and Stratton 5hp

Hi I have a Briggs and Stratton 5hp bone stock all original off a rotitiller ... I have it on a 50cc quad the one in my profile picture and it goes 40 mph is that about average:shrug:

Depending on the gearing it's possible to reach that speed maybe faster but low end suffers if you gear for top speed, 40mph on a mini quad is sketchy so be careful.:thumbsup:

yeah, i just built a trike out of a old go kart and put a 5hp tecumseh OHV engine on it off of a pressure washer and it runs about 40 also...:shrug:

I'd have trouble believing that from a stocker with any gearing on a quad. They are heavier than a Minibike. Depending on rider weight I guess it's possible but it would almost have to be an infant.

im 135 and it did i used a gps the find out the frame doesnt weigh that much but if you dont believe me thats fine but it is what it is:thumbsup:

yea 40 is about average for a bike with average gearing. i have two 3.5hp that will do 40. you dont need alot of power to go fast just a long flat road :laugh: