Is this really a Suzuki mini bike or?

I just picked this up the other day. The Suzuki tags on the side are screwed in. I have looked through all the pictures I can find and have not found this one. Very well-built, very solid frame, has a grease Zirt on the neck. I'm positive the wheels are incorrect. i'm also wondering what size rims and tires go on here. Also what engine?

Attachments

They are not stickers. They are plates. Made of metal. None of the tubes are flattened. The rear axle attachment is a block and super heavy duty. the chain adjusts with the rear wheel not the motor. no slotted motor mount. A lot about it says motorcycle not minibike. It's neat and strange.

capguncowboy

They are not stickers. They are plates. Made of metal. None of the tubes are flattened. The rear axle attachment is a block and super heavy duty. the chain adjusts with the rear wheel not the motor. no slotted motor mount. A lot about it says motorcycle not minibike. It's neat and strange.
Not all Taco22 bikes were flattened on the ends of the tubes. There were several variations of the bikes, even in the same years.

Nonetheless, I'm not a Taco guy. I'd suggest sitting tight until one shows up, which shouldn't be too long. One thing I'm certain of though, is that Suzuki never made a bike even remotely similar to that. The stickers, or plates as you called them, were stuck on most likely by a kid in the late 70s or 80s.

I am with you on the or. I don't believe the badges are correct either. Eager to find out . I will look through some taco photos . Now I am hungry.

I definitely agree the wheels are wrong. Is that a brake on the left rear and a scrub brake? And enough spacers in the front to make me think the original tires were very wide.

When I was really young, in the mid-80s, I had something similar. Mine was re-engined by a neighbor so I never saw the original engine, and don't recall much about it. It too had a red frame, but researching it over the years I became convinced it was a Little Indian (same footpegs, same rear axle holes). But the seat said Suzuki and it fit perfectly, all stock-looking hardware and holes for mounting it. The neighbor told my dad and I that it was a Suzuki. The only thing remotely close I could ever find was the JR50J model...of course, it was not what I had, not even similar, but the small size, seat, and wheels looked the same.

For what it's worth...

Yes there is a brake on the wheel along with a scrub brake. The tires are way too thin for the forks.. I saw the Kawasaki coyote and wondered if it was possible that it could be a Suzuki. It is really built well. the grease zirt on the neck is neat too. The welds are really nice for a minibike from this time period also. Very smooth. If anyone has a wheel suggestion or the proper method to determine the size.the width measurement is 7 1/2 inches between the forks.

This may or may not help. I found it north of Kansas city. I have noticed that many mini bikes tend to stay close to where they were built. Not all obviously but around my area it's usually the ones made within a few hours distance. I have a Sears tarantula that I went to Fremont to purchase where they were built from a man who's brother worked for bird. The two sensation bikes that I have were made close to me also along with the fimco which was made here in Sioux city.