It's been a long time

It's been a long time since I have been in here. I got hung up on the mini project 5 or 6 years ago and let it die. Now I'm bac with the intent of getting it done and using it with my 48 Ford F1 pickup as part of the show display.
But, the same problems still exist.
I have a Trail Horse. Everything is solid but it came with home made scrub brake. I removed that and bought the parts to make a drum brake. There is lies the hang up. Mounting the drum and especially the retainer. I can't quite grasp the best way to mount the part of the drum assembly that keeps the whole thing from spinning. I did glance through some of the Trail Horse pics, but I did not see anything, off hand. If anyone has any suggestions, I'd be happy to hear them.

Biffmini

Sounds like you need some type of hub or spacers to mount the drum to wheel & some sort of stop on frame for the shoe part of the brake.
But its hard to say without pics. What wheels & brake do you have? The original band brake is hard to beat, with a little search and a little luck you you can get those parts. Lets see some pics. wake that mini up its been sleeping to long...

6doggie3

I take my Trail Horse to all the shows that I go too !
Mini bikes bring back a lot of memories to show goers
I have more conversation about the mini than the pu?

Welcome back to the forum and post some pics!

Last edited:
I've got the TH rear wheel on my bike, brake assembly etc. apart right now. I'll take some exploded pics and post in a day or so if that helps?

PS 6Doggie, nice slammed truck and mini.

6Doggie3, I love it! Nice ride. I'll have to get a few pics of mine and post them. That is exactly what I want to do with the bike. I like that you have painted the bike to match the truck. That's a great touch.

Last edited:
After looking through some of the pics in the Trail Horse section, I see the missing brake mounting bracket. Missing on mine, that is. Guess it's time to start shopping the parts bins.

I was able to secure a brake bracket. (Ebay) from one of the members here. So, with my last obstacle out of the way, I have been mentally planning the bike. I have decided to scrap the B&S 2 horse for a Predator Clone. I am assuming a 3/4 inch bore for the clutch, probably go heavy duty as I am not longer the slim, trim youngster I used to be. What size, tooth, sprocket should I look for? The rear wheel has a 64 tooth on it now. Additionally, I have generic wheels on this thing. Is there an easy way to mount the brake cylinder?
I saw the conversation, regarding spacers for the sprocket and brake, in another thread and plan to follow that one pretty close.
The bike is the one in my avatar.

Attachments

I shipped your parts. Hopefully you'll have them tomorrow. If you have Trail Horse questions, feel free to PM me...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk