It's TIME For a Mini Bike Magazine!

Hi Everyone. I work at a print shop and was thinking of putting together a quarterly magazine about Mini Bike restorations etc.

I would like to feature fellow MB junkies on thier completed restorations or cool vintage bikes they own. I am a graphic artist and this mag will be high end looking (A real magazine).

Would any of you be interested in being in the magazine?
If so, send me a few high rez photos of your bike and a little write up about it.

buckeye

Oh yeah. :eek:hmy:

This could get cool. :thumbsup:
So, what's your plan? Sellng them to us junkies?

I'm interested for sure.:thumbsup:

Yes, It can get expensive depending on how many are printed. the more the less it costs.
Just thought it would be cool because we are always scrubbing the web trying to find out what the hell models we are diging out of people garage's.

I would of course only charge the cost to print if anyone wants to contribute and buy some mags.

That's the problem. You can find anything you want on the web or this site. Somebody was going to do this before and it never happened. That was after I sent them a bunch of photos with some storys.:doah:
If you can't find some information about a mini bike on this site, it won't be any place else.:thumbsup:

Do it. There is enough info here from members to fill several volumes. Even past projects with good photos and details would be welcome by most members. All brands,all makes,all wheel sizes as long as it was considered a "mini' in it's life. This way many more readers will be interested.
There also could be a "drag-mini" section for the city members who go for speed and raw horsepower.
Don't forget the "Trail-Scooters" that date back to the 1940's and spawned the Tote-Gote type off road minibikes.
If you think it through and have sections for most categories, you'd have a winner that you could not keep on the shelves. Something for everyone.

Ok. Heres how we can proceed. If you are interested in contributing and you have hi rez photos ( photos need to be large for print) please PM me with the make, model and year bike you would like to show off. I don't want to waste anyones time so I wont ask for photos and text until enough people are on board. Then I can get to work and lay it all out and send that baby to print!

Last edited:
Maybe..if it's vintage bikes, with vintage motors. Otherwise, Petersen Publications, Taco, and self serving promoters have it locked up.

Vintage builds are already published here. I realize a lot of folks are telling you to go for it, but you'd need to do interviews and background to make an interesting story. "That" would be interesting.

Honestly, I don't see a plus in it for you, unless you can glean the human element.

You will never know how many you sell until you try to sell one. I like the idea, and think it may well be feasible, and at some point, profitable. I joined two "clubs" this week. The first was this forum, which I am glad I did, and the second is the "sixty year old club" that I begrudgingly joined today. I bought my first mini bike in 1968. It was a taco 22 that I paid half of the $122 purchase price, and my dad paid the rest. I didn't want a 44 which sold for $144, because the jackshaft made it slower than the 22 (or so I though). I have spent the last 37 years teaching Senior English in the Sacramento area, and would be glad to submit articles and/or stories, as well as function as an editor and writer, both of which happen to be side work for me. What should we call it? "Taco Times", or "The Rupp Register"? Oh by the way, I need a taco 22 roller for a project build.

This town I live has a quarterly magazine on the market recently that rivals Texas Monthly in it's glossiness quality. It generally has a half dozen stories/photos in it and the rest is ads. This has to be where the publishing company makes money, because the magazines are free.

Everyone in town winds up with one of these local tableaux's on the coffee table.