Jackshaft replacement Fox trail bug?

I see several on Ebay and wonder if any would work with my trail bug project. My dad tossed mine as a kid when the chain started jumping and we went with one longer chain instead of two. The attached pic is not my bike but an example of what it looks like. Any suggestions?
Screen Shot 2016-04-23 at 12.06.10 PM.png

Last edited:
If you are looking to recreate what was original it's easy. You need 2 bearings which are 1 3/8x5/8, you need both sprockets and jack shaft material. All can be found at OldMiniBikes. If you need help with cutting the jack shaft to length, you can give me the dimension you want and I can do that for you and ship it out. I think one of the bearing companies around here sells jack shaft material. I can drill and thread it on the ends for you also should you desire.

Take your picture and count as best you can the number of teeth on the sprockets. I did a couple of Doodle bugs (same frame as the Trail Bug) with jack shafts and I just kept trying different combinations of sprockets until it would pull my fat carcass through the grass lol. What you have there is real easy to recreate and I personally think well worth it.

Doc

Last edited:
Thanks a lot Doc, might take you up on that I'll check it out on OldMiniBikes. Is the jackshaft a certain diameter or is that simply based on the bearing size which is known?