JcPenney Duster Chopper

I have a Purple Duster Chopper that I bought about 10 years ago. It has everything except the seat and sissy bar.

I tore it down and had the frame sand blasted years ago and haven't done anything to it since.

It has the original motor, frame, handle bars, fenders, tires & wheels (original front ribbed tire looks good, rear has wear), brakes, clutch, sprocket, throttle, on/off switch & plate.

Also have a chain guard (fiberglass replica of original)

I also have another Tecumseh motor of similar vintage for spare parts if needed.

Asking $300. I can send pics. Will post some here in a few days as time permits...

Everything has been taken apart and boxed up, but it is all there.

I can ship...

Forgot to add, I am in North Alabama...

Found these pics I took before sandblasting it...

Duster1.jpg Duster2.jpg Duster3.jpg

That's a deal. Where is Derek. He would take it just for the fenders. I love the bars on that thing. Not to mention the front badge is still showing in decent shape. Would you sell without motor? and ship? I would take then. Let me know if that is an option. Reminds be of a George Barris. (SP)?

After I read the post again I assumed it was blasted. Why oh why? Original only once people. Good or bad. Even if all the paint was off of it and it was only sporting that awesome badge I would have left it. I don't get it? If you re-due everything you sure as heck won't get your money out of it. Making it a show queen is nice but one summer of riding it's pointless. And why buy if their just going to sit in an office collecting dust. So why not keep as is and show off some true historic patina..... JM2C
I won't buy a bike anymore unless it's original paint. And it doesn't have to be good paint either. Just original. original is where it's at. I made the mistake one time and will never due that again.
The real deal is where it's at. Right down to the smallest bolt. Even those have historic significance if original.

Last edited:
Many of us do not have the option of finding bikes with original paint, or even close to being complete. 99% of the bikes I have bought over the past few years have been rusted, bent, and incomplete. I am proud to have been the guy to restore them, and to bring them back from scrap pile they were.

I don't know why the OP's for sale thread is getting trashed, but it's wrong. If anyone doesn't think it's a viable bike for whatever reason, they should keep their comments to themselves. Personally I think it's a decent enough deal for the guy who wants an easy restoration with some of the parts already there, and who would like to hone his mechanical and paint skills.

I'm tired of hearing about show queens. A lot of us ride our restorations.

markus

After I read the post again I assumed it was blasted. Why oh why? Original only once people. Good or bad. Even if all the paint was off of it and it was only sporting that awesome badge I would have left it. I don't get it? If you re-due everything you sure as heck won't get your money out of it. Making it a show queen is nice but one summer of riding it's pointless. And why buy if their just going to sit in an office collecting dust. So why not keep as is and show off some true historic patina..... JM2C
I won't buy a bike anymore unless it's original paint. And it doesn't have to be good paint either. Just original. original is where it's at. I made the mistake one time and will never due that again.
The real deal is where it's at. Right down to the smallest bolt. Even those have historic significance if original.
Yet you asked the guy to ship it to you less the original engine!!!! :doah:

That's a deal. Where is Derek. He would take it just for the fenders. I love the bars on that thing. Not to mention the front badge is still showing in decent shape. Would you sell without motor? and ship? I would take then. Let me know if that is an option. Reminds be of a George Barris. (SP)?

No trashing intended here....it's a killer deal IMO. Apologies to the seller if it was taken that way. I can't believe it's not sold already.....
It wasn't you I was referring to Derek. I wouldn't have said anything if suddenly I didn't feel like the past few years and many thousands of dollars spent on restoration were worthless, not only to mini bikes in general, but because I am not allowed to ride pretty bikes. LMAO! I was a bit angry yesterday. Today, I just shake my head, looking at the blank area in my office where my Flexo usually sits, but isn't since I took it out for a spin yesterday.

I offered before I new it had been stripped. I might have come across as trashy. Sorry! I was putting M2CI and I probable shouldn't of. I just prefer original.
And yes, many times impossible to find in that fashion. So if you do find one my suggestion would be to leave it. I think I was just reacting to my vision of the front badge being blasted away and just gave me an bad feeling inside. I hope someone puts a pic of it in the original badge/sticker thread that we all go back and look at from time to time. Good reference.
As for the bike. Ya, it's still worth it! And that's why you have the offers. It's a model you don't see a lot of. And those forks would be awesome on any build, if is bike was to be parted. It was just the badge that got to me. Sorry.

It is sold PPU.

BTW, No worries. I am not offended by any posts questioning taking the paint off...

I restore pinball machines and realize that original is king. However, the paint was pretty roached and one of the handlebars was off kilter by an inch or so. That required heating it to straighten it correctly, which meant the paint would not survive.

I did take a pic of the sticker and was going to photoshop it and repro it. Looks like you can buy the sticker on ebay now.