Jdogg's scratch built Frijole anything goes 2016 OldMiniBikes build off entry

That blue will look sweet on the bike JD. That hub looks awesome too. Kudos for the home made stuff. I can appreciate the time it takes to design and make your own stuff.

Hub looks great Jason :thumbsup: Too bad you couldn't get it milled to fit over the spokes :doah:
Thanks for getting that for me, you didn't have to do it so quick :thumbsup:
That is a great idea, unless he needs the sprocket that far out from the wheel? Milled to fit the spokes would be KUSTOM. :thumbsup:
That blue will look sweet on the bike JD. That hub looks awesome too. Kudos for the home made stuff. I can appreciate the time it takes to design and make your own stuff.
Thanks Guys!! The truth of the matter is I did consider milling a single hub/sprocket adapter unit to fit over the spokes as my friend that has the lathe has a friend in the shop next door with a mill (its good to have friends) :thumbsup: but I wanted to get some work done with the time constraints of a deadline (and a red nose challenge) :doah: and I don't have enough mocked up or tacked down to have a final width on the spacing for the adapter and this allows me to just add or subtract with the addition of 5 spacers to come up with the correct spacing I need. :smile: For now......:shifty:

Received my 1 1/8" double split collars that I will use to mount my top frame bar side mounted tank! Just couldn't bring myself to do the traditional Frijole "behind the seat tank!!" Used about a 1/16" rubber shim to protect the frame finish and should work out perfect.....until powder coat makes it too thick!! :doah: Need to weld on a crossbar between the two and then a contoured bar at each end to conform to the shape of the tank and add the radiator hose clamps to attach the tank to the mount!!

Jason--for Buckeye's Red Nose bound tank mount, I used stainless dryer hose clamps. Much cleaner than the hose clamp set-up and you can line the inside with thin rubber strips. You can get them at Lowes or order from Home Depot.

Pete

Received my 1 1/8" double split collars that I will use to mount my top frame bar side mounted tank! Just couldn't bring myself to do the traditional Frijole "behind the seat tank!!" Used about a 1/16" rubber shim to protect the frame finish and should work out perfect.....until powder coat makes it too thick!! :doah: Need to weld on a crossbar between the two and then a contoured bar at each end to conform to the shape of the tank and add the radiator hose clamps to attach the tank to the mount!!

:bowdown::bowdown: You never seem to stop amazing me..:thumbsup: Keep up the good work !

If the rubber shim is too thick, you might be able to use some black electrical tape and wrap as much as you need until you get the thickness you want. Project is looking good! :thumbsup:

Jason--for Buckeye's Red Nose bound tank mount, I used stainless dryer hose clamps. Much cleaner than the hose clamp set-up and you can line the inside with thin rubber strips. You can get them at Lowes or order from Home Depot.

Pete
Awesome Pete!! I will definitely check that out.....I am very close to both those stores!! Thanks for the tip!! :thumbsup:

So many good tips I'll pass one on!! I love to use the blue painters tape and write a note on it and stick it to the part it relates to....helps me remember ideas on those late nights when staring at the project at hand! Maybe its a color scheme or a certain way to mod something but when the ideas are flowing it helps me to keep track of them.....I can always peel it off and change it the next day!! :doah:

Blue tape is my best friend, too. My powder coater was pleased I labeled each part with what color I wanted and where--many of his customers expect him to read their minds!:laugh: