Jdogg's scratch built Frijole anything goes 2016 OldMiniBikes build off entry

Way cool my Brother !
Thanks Angelo!!

Outstanding work jdogg:thumbsup:
Thank you Owen!!

Thanks for the cabinet explanation. Pure quality, vintage, family heirloom.
Thank you Dave!!

That is so cool Jason !!!! Funny I just finished some very similar cabinets for a customer .. Her husband built them and never got to finish the doors and drawers before he passed and she wanted to see his project completed . the whole room was also paneled in the same material .. I love it !!! I thought they were tool boxes too !! Beer caddy's:laugh::thumbsup:
Thanks Tim!! Awesome story!!I bet that just made her day finally having her late husbands last project get finished!! :thumbsup:

Wow, detail work is awesome...and the guided tour of the cabinetry was great. Makes me want to dig out the Grizzly table saw...wait, I have two bikes to finish first.:smile:
Thank you Pete!!

Last small update for the month!
Put on a 33th sprocket on the rear instead of the 35th and ordered a 15th for the front but still waiting.....cut all my wheel spacers...will have to upload some picts! Made a bracket for the coil and other electronics and to hide the wiring.....hope it doesn't get too hot down there!!

New plug wire:

New throttle...cheapy....worked out nice and I like the adjustments on the throttle tube that are hidden inside ...has increments for the cable barrel:

Wanted to try a Molkt carburetor in 26mm so I stuck one on.....if it doesn't run good I still have the ol' Mikuni! Hey David W. have you had any experience with these good or bad?

Welded the disc brake to the jack shaft gear....need to make a bracket from the adjustable mount on the jack shaft to mount the caliper to:

Cables somewhat routed for now:

Oh yeah there was something extra special that came in the mail the other day.....very happy with it!! (doesn't happen very often as I'm pretty picky) :laugh: Thank you Karen!! :thumbsup:

Received my powder coat also!! Lots still to do!! Had waaaay too much going on this weekend and never made it to the shop for some weld and fab time!! :sad: Hopefully soon as I'm not looking forward to wearing a red nose!! :laugh:

Jason, this bike is looking good...and Karen's seat is awesome. Looks like its all fitting together nicely, but I knew it would !:wink:

Last edited:
Hey Jason the bike is looking great . On the carb never have tried that brand but you might have too much carb though . I have a piranha 140 on a pit bike , it's pretty mean motor . The standard carb is a 22mm mikuni , the upgrade is a 26 mm mikuni found slide . That's the carb I got and it's at the edge of being to big . It comes with 190 main jet standard . Piranha sends a 140 -150 -160 jets , I'am running the 140 and have a slight bog off the bottom but screams up top . The carb you have IDK if it will or not , your is a 125 right . That's a lot of carb , I think your motor would totally scream with a 22 mm carb and be responsive .

Looks like great progress to me , a lot of little details with your custom builds :thumbsup:
Just outstanding.
Jason, this bike is looking good...and Karen's seat is awesome. Looks like its all fitting together nicely, but I knew it would !:wink:
Wow! Your kickin ass on this build.
Thanks so much Fellas!! Really appreciate the kind words!! I'm enjoying the heck out of it and cant wait till its powder coat time!!

Hey Jason the bike is looking great . On the carb never have tried that brand but you might have too much carb though . I have a piranha 140 on a pit bike , it's pretty mean motor . The standard carb is a 22mm mikuni , the upgrade is a 26 mm mikuni found slide . That's the carb I got and it's at the edge of being to big . It comes with 190 main jet standard . Piranha sends a 140 -150 -160 jets , I'am running the 140 and have a slight bog off the bottom but screams up top . The carb you have IDK if it will or not , your is a 125 right . That's a lot of carb , I think your motor would totally scream with a 22 mm carb and be responsive .
Kinda what I was thinking Mr. Wulf!! Thanks so much for all your input!! Yes its a 125cc David. Yeah that throttle tube on the Molkt looks huge!! :laugh: One more question for you while I got you on the line.....The 22mm Mikuni that was on it runs great but I get a little steady bit of gas out of the over flow tube when its running......I'm pretty sure the float is not stuck as I cleaned the carb one day and it still does it! Maybe the little conical rubber stopper on the float is dried out and not shutting off the flow or maybe I could bend the little metal tab it is on to add more pressure? Look forward to any thoughts you have on this matter! Anyone is free to chime in too! Thanks!! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Anybody know what thickness of metal is acceptable for a foot peg mount? The reason I ask is I can bend the material at home out of 1/8'' thick stock and have it ready and drilled for the pin when I get a chance to take everything to the shop to weld them on! Any thicker and I'm going to need some heat...which is also at the shop! Frame is going to be powder coated so I need it to be right the first time....no fixing available later!
Here's what I got but really no need to go any further if its too thin! Normally I would just go thicker but I'm trying to get some of it done at home as finding time to get over to the shop is far and few these days! Anyone know what thickness Bonanza used on there mid pegs? Thanks all!!

My 2 cents , I'm like you , thicker is better but I think with the size of those mounts it should minimize the stress that they'll receive , if they were any longer they'd be more apt to bending . With all that said , go 3/16" .

Jason the float maybe sticking or could have trash in there somewhere . The mikuni's are real sensitive to anything other than fuel in there .
The foot pegs mounts out of 1/8 " will be plenty . Put some on the super Powell and have road the shit out of it and their fine .

My 2 cents , I'm like you , thicker is better but I think with the size of those mounts it should minimize the stress that they'll receive , if they were any longer they'd be more apt to bending . With all that said , go 3/16" .
That bike looks amazing, mad skills!
Love it.
Jason the float maybe sticking or could have trash in there somewhere . The mikuni's are real sensitive to anything other than fuel in there .
The foot pegs mounts out of 1/8 " will be plenty . Put some on the super Powell and have road the shit out of it and their fine .
I'm with Randy and David...1/8 welded that close together will work just fine .
Bike is taking shape Jason, nice work :thumbsup:
I bought these shock mounts for the foot pegs on my Bonanza and they are 1/8 thick :thumbsup: I think you will be fine
There is always the chance that the float height isn't correct. Find the spec and check accordingly.
Thank you all very much for taking the time to give me your input!!!! :thumbsup: It looks like 1/8'' it is!! David and Von I will open her up again and clean and check that float tolerance!! Thanks again for your responses!!

Drilled out the holes for the foot peg mounts....hate doing that cause if you get them even slightly off the pegs will not sit level

Made the seat bracket out of some angle iron as I needed a little drop down tab to get it to sit level

And I made the tank bracket

Here's how it sits now....really need to get busy on the jack shaft, slot the engine plate, weld up the engine mount bracket and make a disc brake mount on the jack shaft!!!! :doah: