Jr Drag Doodlbug ready to rock

125ccCrazy

I guess with a tighter spring on the driven that could be the case.Funny how they just wont say what they do.You know its something simple and its not going to take a rocket scientist to figure out.Salsbury 330 clutches are way better anyways and fully adjustable,the only one better than that is a polar.
I hear ya.... maybe afraid of competition in the D?.....

I may go with a salsbury on mine if I can figure out how to mount everything the way I want it...

The springs tension has nothing to do with the over drive,only on rpm stall and longer to get in over drive,and if you put alot of spring tension it still will go in over drive at high rpm.
That is not completely true.
The more presure on the secondary the longer you can delay the up shift and the more torquwe the engine needs to produce to drive it fully open.
The higher presure secondary will slip less by the nature of the fact it not going to fully open as soon.

So are you going to tell us what you did to retard the dirven from fully opening?
I do agree with you when the belt starts to climb out of the primary it slips....

I'd like to direct your eye to this picture.
The driver is slipping when the clutch is in low range and the power is on.
Not because of a high engagement spring.

Last edited:
That is not completely true.
The more presure on the secondary the longer you can delay the up shift and the more torquwe the engine needs to produce to drive it fully open.
The higher presure secondary will slip less by the nature of the fact it not going to fully open as soon.

So are you going to tell us what you did to retard the dirven from fully opening?
I do agree with you when the belt starts to climb out of the primary it slips....

I'd like to direct your eye to this picture.
The driver is slipping when the clutch is in low range and the power is on.
Not because of a high engagement spring.
we were talking about spring presure in the front driver not the back driven:doah: Im not going to give all my secrets I spent to many hours and sweat with different combos and mods to get it right.If you go to the drag strip and ask the racer what combo you run in your motor see if they tell you all there tricks ! good luck on your tav, If your tork converter is slipping at low RPM wrong belt size if thats not it I suggest get a new tav-2 and start fresh:confused:

125ccCrazy

: Im not going to give all my secrets I spent to many hours and sweat with different combos and mods to get it right.If you go to the drag strip and ask the racer what combo you run in your motor see if they tell you all there tricks !
seriously? this isn't the drag strip for points and money payout....it's all in fun...they are only minibikes..I thought the forum is a community to help each other out...:doah:.... If this is the general attitude up there I'll stay in Toledo..

Last edited:
seriously? this isn't the drag strip for points and money payout....it's all in fun...they are only minibikes..I thought the forum is a community to help each other out...:doha:.... If this is the general attitude up there I'll stay in Toledo..
Then you better stay down there in Ohio,I take it you haven't been to the races in Detroit,Many racers put a lot of time and money in there drag mini bikes to kick ass on the week end competition,if the group of us people was just going to joy ride around town and people need help on there bike then ok but grudge races is a different story,They will tell you what kind of motor and size on there bike but engine combo that's for you to figure out and work on every week to improve that's the fun of it trying to go faster and quicker or just buy a Jr Dragster motor,that's what most Detroiters are going with today because there's no class bracket like small block only or just big blocks race each other,its run what you brung:scared:

125ccCrazy

Then you better stay down there in Ohio,I take it you haven't been to the races in Detroit,Many racers put a lot of time and money in there drag mini bikes to kick ass on the week end competition,if the group of us people was just going to joy ride around town and people need help on there bike then ok but grudge races is a different story,They will tell you what kind of motor and size on there bike but engine combo that's for you to figure out and work on every week to improve that's the fun of it trying to go faster and quicker or just buy a Jr Dragster motor,that's what most Detroiters are going with today because there's no class bracket like small block only or just big blocks race each other,its run what you brung:scared:
yeah ok...... and we don't have alot in our bikes too??? if I have something that works for me I'm more than willing to share my ideas and help anyone any way I can but then that's just me and the kind of person I am...I don't take things that serious....for me it's all in fun, comradery and just having a good time....

yeah ok...... and we don't have alot in our bikes too??? if I have something that works for me I'm more than willing to share my ideas and help anyone any way I can but then that's just me and the kind of person I am...I don't take things that serious....for me it's all in fun, comradery and just having a good time....
Thats why Im getting out of this mini bike drag racing,its about having fun with a bunch of your friends,but its starting to be like car street racing,smack talking ,starting shit,augments,and when some one loses right away they want to put a 100 pound racer on there bike and redo the race.Then your racing and you got remote control gas cars going in and out and between the mini bikes as they are running .If they would have a event onces a week at a track and have some rules then that would be the bomb and I would stay in the game foresure

Last edited:
we were talking about spring presure in the front driver not the back driven:doah: Im not going to give all my secrets I spent to many hours and sweat with different combos and mods to get it right.If you go to the drag strip and ask the racer what combo you run in your motor see if they tell you all there tricks ! good luck on your tav, If your tork converter is slipping at low RPM wrong belt size if thats not it I suggest get a new tav-2 and start fresh:confused:
Its a 30 series primary with a 7 inch secondary.
Its all new and quite modified.

Pass your eye over it and you will see this is not a drag bike.

Realy it's too bad your not willing to contribute.
That is what this site is all about.

Its a 30 series primary with a 7 inch secondary.
Its all new and quite modified.

Pass your eye over it and you will see this is not a drag bike.

Realy it's too bad your not willing to contribute.
That is what this site is all about.

what is your final gear ratio with the tall tire sizes

bwt

For anyone who's interested, I have used a 1 1/16 ID x 1 5/16 OD x 3/16 thick modified oilite bushing (oilite part # AA-1307-2) in between the driver sheaves to prevent the driver from forcing the belt above the outside radius of the sheaves. I locate this bushing up against the stationary driver sheave, then I put on the slightly shortened regular sleeve, followed by the moving sheave assembly. At idle, the belt actually rides on this bushing, but as soon as you take off, the belt moves outward and no longer contacts the bushing. I have this on a modified clone pushing 15 hp with aluminum driver weights and a 3500 rpm stall. The engine turns 6300 rpm under load, and I have run the same belt all summer long. Now you might think the belt would start to slip once the moving sheave bottoms out against the bushing, but it doesn't because by the time the belt has moved out that far, there is quite a bit of tension on it from the driven unit being forced open.

I have also played with using spacers to limit the travel of the driven unit, and it too will prevent the belt from riding outside the driver sheaves, but it limits your top speed substantially because the driven unit only opens about half way.

You could also limit the travel of the driver weights by adding internal stops.

125ccCrazy

And I'd put my money on Randi, out of principle.:shrug:
Thanks Tom..:thumbsup:
Thats why Im getting out of this mini bike drag racing,its about having fun with a bunch of your friends,but its starting to be like car street racing,smack talking ,starting shit,augments,and when some one loses right away they want to put a 100 pound racer on there bike and redo the race.Then your racing and you got remote control gas cars going in and out and between the mini bikes as they are running .If they would have a event onces a week at a track and have some rules then that would be the bomb and I would stay in the game foresure
yep I went through the same crap 20 years ago when I had my pro street Ply Valiant I built... I had my wife and kids with me, just hanging out at the local McD's checking out cars and talking when some idiots come up wanting to race for titles, then a $1000 ..... when I said I won't race for money it nearly turned into a fist fight....I told these guys I will run straight up and that's it....if I win, I get braggin rights, if he wins, he does....My buddy had a 440 67 Cuda, he reached in his pocket and pulled out some change and told these guys "I got 52 cents, lets race"...well it got real ugly after that so we left... I ended up selling my car...I was not about to go through that crap with my family when we wanted to go out and just socialize and have a nice evening out talking cars...... went through it with RC boats at the local pond too.... can't go anywhere and have some fun competition without a lot of mess.....people get way too serious and offensive and if that's the way it's gonna be with the mini's... I'm not taking mine up there... they will sit in the basement for decoration..

what is your final gear ratio with the tall tire sizes
I race off road.
That's a secret.....

Anoying ain't it.

At 6500 rpm its aproaching 50 mph.
Rear is 57 tooth secondary sprocket is 9 tooth.

Remember a 7 inch is an underdrive secondary pulley

Sometimes the stink-hound and myself do a little trail riding too.
But just incase someone tries to glean some secrets from us we wear these special hats to hide our thoughts.

Last edited:
Funny, proturbo doesnt want to share his pie, but asks for a piece from another. Well done NOS, and that bike is lookin great....no, inspiring! :thumbsup:

Randi, Im sure you've got a couple bikes that'll take mine, but you're more than welcome to come to Norwalk for some drag racin fun, I have almost as much fun losin as I do winnin! Not much fun otherwise...we pull pistons, not pistols.

I race off road.
That's a secret.....

Anoying ain't it.

At 6500 rpm its aproaching 50 mph.
Rear is 57 tooth secondary sprocket is 9 tooth.

Remember a 7 inch is an underdrive secondary pulley

Sometimes the stink-hound and myself do a little trail riding too.
But just incase someone tries to glean some secrets from us we wear these special hats to hide our thoughts.
Its better to have on the secondary ,sping tension then spring pressure

I noticed the tin foil on the helmet.... that won't keep me out muwahha...I'll get my wife, she has mind penetrating radar.....
She may be able to burn through the tinfoil but there is a scoend layer of semi conductor tape under the foil to bleed off sheath currents.
I'm married too!
After couple of decades trying to block high powered disaproval rays from my own old lady I devised what I think is the most diabolical system for block what I call " bitching at ".

That combined with a pint of coolant or two ( beer ) I can generaly withstand what ever she can throw at me, and the stink-hound and I are realtively safe with our special hats.