K&S Hornet

Does any one know anything about a K&S Hornet hardtail. I might be able to get one but I have never heard anything about them. Are they collectable, rare or whatever? Input is appreciated.

Thanks, Fred

I own both a K&S softtail and a hardtail. For pictures of these bikes look at my photos. If you search this forum you should be able to locate an old sales brocheure which shows the entire line of K&S bikes and describes some of the features. If you can't find it let me know and I wil forward it. Aside from that there is not alot of information available about the bikes as I did some research in the past. I know that these bikes are not all too common. I would say these are about 6 members of this forum that I know of who own K&S bikes. Never really heard of them being collectible or anything like that but I must say that they are pretty nice bikes. If you get one and decide to restore it I can provide you with a new Hornet sticker.

Thanks Bronc. I had already looked at your pics which is how I identified it. I think the window has closed though. The CL ad is gone and they didn't respond to my last email. It was only missing the TC and sticker so I would have bought it. Oh well.

Fred:crying:

K&S made bikes they sold as Hornets, but they also made them to be sold in other stores. The other names I have seen are Road Runner or Texas Ranger. I would say that they all came with a decal, just depends on where it was sold.

I am kicking myself for selling mine... And the go power wheels that I got with it. :doah:
I believe I still have a reproduction sticker for the forks if you need it.

I am kicking myself for selling mine... And the go power wheels that I got with it. :doah:
I believe I still have a reproduction sticker for the forks if you need it.
Funny how things come back around...just got out of a 2 hour meeting at work. Ran into the guy I sold it to and he asked me if I 'wanted that green bike back'.
So for 80 bucks, the Hornet and the Go Powers are heading back home. :smile::thumbsup::scooter:
:deal: