LED Brake/Running Light with Turn signals and Handelbar Controller Install, PIC HEAVY

Nice work! I'm going to be adding lights to our bikes soon. I feel bad cause the cops chashing me never know which way I'm gonna turn at the last minute, maybe I'll add some blinkers? Maybe not.. Heads and tails for sure.

...The acid test is if I get pulled over and questions are raised that don't satisfy the officer.
The 2 sketchy points will be the tires and the CC of the motor ...
But I think with an adult on it and the tons of mopeds in as many styles on the road it wont even be a blip on a cops radar unless I'm being a jackass .. which I am fully capable of!![/B]
Great thread. I believe that as long as you've got a visible plate/sticker and ride sanely that you won't have a problem. I've added similar equipment to a couple of my dirt bikes and convinced DMV to issue license plates. The time or two that I've had to speak to an officer or ranger, they were much more interested in me and my actions than in my equipment. I doubt they would ever check your tires for a DOT mark, or even think about engine capacity. Oh, riding around a roadblock into a forest fire area will get someone's attention. Thankfully, no citation. It seemed like a good idea at the time. :laugh:

Hi Tom!

Since I posted that I have put many road miles on the Hilltopper.
The law has seen me numerous times.
The only time it was questioned is when I was riding with a group of minis down a busy road during a the Metro Cruise (very packed and slow) ... when we got off the road we were told to keep the non-street-legal ones off the road.

Great thread. I believe that as long as you've got a visible plate/sticker and ride sanely that you won't have a problem. I've added similar equipment to a couple of my dirt bikes and convinced DMV to issue license plates. The time or two that I've had to speak to an officer or ranger, they were much more interested in me and my actions than in my equipment. I doubt they would ever check your tires for a DOT mark, or even think about engine capacity. Oh, riding around a roadblock into a forest fire area will get someone's attention. Thankfully, no citation. It seemed like a good idea at the time. :laugh:
Tom,
That may be the case in Oregon. Definitely NOT the case in California where they DO check for those items.
Michael

Any updates on police encounters? I’m about half way then this process right now. I’m sure I can get the moped sticker. Just wondering what really happens when you’re riding around town...