Little Petro engine restored

MINI-MATIC

Enclosed are some pictures of the TAS Little Petro engine I restored including one before picture.The gas tank was in bad shape,lots of dents.I ended up useing an old skool method of useing body solder lead to fill all the dents,no bondo on this tank at all.The engine was completely torn down and rebuilt.I also removed minor bits of rust on the header muffler assembly and polish buffed it to a nice finish useing SemiChrome polish.I also rebuilt the carb and restored the Air Cleaner cover as it had stress cracks from being over tighened with the mounting screws. :smile::scooter::smile:

Thanks Steve, Dad is going to be thrilled!

That looks great!! Lead work is a lost art, even as late '72 Chevelles had the seam from the 1/4 glass to the rear window leaded, Basically the roof seam. Dad used to rent a garage to a guy that did lead work. He only did 55-57 T-birds for a guy. But everything got lead. He used to let me help "get in the way" I was maybe 12? He tried to show me but I couldn't get it.
Whenever you think you got it rough, Just look around. His son died in Iraq, his grandson drowned in the bathtub and they tried to convict his daughter for it. And his wife has MS to the point of just barely of "living" if you call it that.