Looks to be a CAT 350ss with "Grand Champion" Badging. Any

Looking through this site, I have what appears to be a CAT 350ss. I have the fenders that go with the bike. But the decals on mine say "Grand Champion". Any idea if CAT changed the name at some point or why the decals are different. I have yet to see one with the same name badges
thanks

Looking through this site, I have what appears to be a CAT 350ss. I have the fenders that go with the bike. But the decals on mine say "Grand Champion". Any idea if CAT changed the name at some point or why the decals are different. I have yet to see one with the same name badges
thanks
Sweet Mini ya got there, did you just get it or have you had it?

Funny that this bike should turn up..
I have an old brochure not exactly sure of the year but my point is that the picture is of what appears to be of an early style HPE Muskin Cat mini bike only it is called the RODDY MARK IV made by HPE..So what came first the Chicken or the Cat or was it Grand Champion?:shrug:
Good find !!
Back in the day mini bikes were being sold every where in most major stores...What come to mind is GRAND AUTO maybe this was made for there chain of stores which might help explain the name on the decal.

Last edited:
My first bike was a Roddy, I have searched and never found anything on it. This is the first mention I have seen. I would love to see that brochure you have on it. I always thought is was a Cat under a different name and I always thought my Mom bought it at Monkeywards.

Thanks for the input. I would love to find a brochure or some old of the old literature with the Grand Champion branding.

@Hodaka: I have had the minibike for probably 20 years now. Rode it when I was a kid and pulled it out of the barn at my folks house over the holidays. It was given to me by a family friend when no one in his family wanted it anymore. I still have the original tecumpseh for it. The motor turns over and it all there but it needs to be gone through. I have a 3hp Briggs in it now that we put in it 20 years ago when i go it. Going through the whole thing now so Ill put some before and after pics up when its done.

1stlegendtx

My first bike was a Roddy, I have searched and never found anything on it. This is the first mention I have seen. I would love to see that brochure you have on it. I always thought is was a Cat under a different name and I always thought my Mom bought it at Monkeywards.

Thanks for the input. I would love to find a brochure or some old of the old literature with the Grand Champion branding.

@Hodaka: I have had the minibike for probably 20 years now. Rode it when I was a kid and pulled it out of the barn at my folks house over the holidays. It was given to me by a family friend when no one in his family wanted it anymore. I still have the original tecumpseh for it. The motor turns over and it all there but it needs to be gone through. I have a 3hp Briggs in it now that we put in it 20 years ago when i go it. Going through the whole thing now so Ill put some before and after pics up when its done.
great story, pretty cool to re find your old stuff. I'm sure you'll have lotsa fun with it.