Manco BigCat info?

I finally got a BigCat and have noticed I cant find any real info on the web or on OldMiniBikes about them. I found a few build threads but none with any real info, like years produced, how many? original stickers available? parts availabilty seems scarce also.
anyways, here we go, Its a lime green one and fairly clean, it has issues but easily remedied ones and It also came with the original 6.0 tec, has a new predator installed and also came with a fresh gx-390 motor. :scooter:
I am thinking of tearing it down completely, building it with the 390, and some luggage racks and small trailer hitch then powdercoat everything fresh and clean.

Someone mentioned before that they have a problem with the front forks being very weak in how they attach. You may want to look into that while it is apart and beef it up a bit.:shrug:

Here is what I know from an old Kart World Mag I have.
Frame ground clearance 7",Wheelbase 48",Length 69", Height from the ground to the top of the seat 27",Width 29",weight 215 lbs,Maximum rider weight-250lbs, 5HP Tecumseh OHV engine,Automatic torque converter,Foot operated brake-Disc with caliper,Front & rear tires:22x11x8 knobbies.The model #595B-02 they sold new for $1213.00 They were recommended for ages over 16 years. considered an all terrain cycle.

Someone mentioned before that they have a problem with the front forks being very weak in how they attach. You may want to look into that while it is apart and beef it up a bit.:shrug:
I've read every thread on OldMiniBikes about them, saw plenty of bent ones, saw a thread on a nice beefed up version of stockers and some with the atc front end on it.
I think the atc front end is the direction I am going to go with this one. it does have a straight set of forks on it already, but again, they are the stockers. they might be fine for my riding, I wont be abusing it .

Any clue as to how to tell what year it was made? does the serial number tell us?

i dont think the the serial numbers hold the date of manufacture, the manuals that i have have a date of 2000 on them i know they ware made in the late 80s. and there are 2 models 595b-0 596c-0 hear are the 2 diagrams 596c-0 has a head light
:thumbsup:

yup i knew they been around a long time .. i remembered seeing the m around in the 80s, those manuals are dated 1/ 2000 so may be if we can get some more numbers we can figure what year you have

You would probably do well to put this request in the "Wanted" section. This thread is also 3 years old. Your chances are better in the wanted section.

Doc