Manco Mini Bike, 3.5 hp?

Were Manco's good, quality bikes in their day? I may purchase one that is a dozen years old in fantastic shape (looks new) for $150 to $200. Been sitting covered in a guys shed since his kids grew up! Feedback is appreciated.

i just bought one this weekend. it's got a 4hp subaru robin motor & while i've only rode it once i was very impressed. maybe because i wasn't expecting all that much out of it but still. if you're used to riding something like a stock doodlebug it'll be like night & day. buying it put me back a bit from putting a 6.5 on my kids' doodlebug but i think it was worth it & i paid about what you're talking about.

Any idea what year the one you purchased was manufactured? Becaues I was told the one I am looking at is a 3.5 hp (either Briggs or Tecumseh)?

toomanytoys

Mancos were good bikes. Mine took a ton of abuse as a kid. I road the crap out of that thing for hours a day.

I want another streaker, but right now I'm shooting for a Rupp TT500 or 69 Roadster....

toomanytoys

Anyone know when manco stopped production on the streaker?

Mine was older than that, didn't have the fancy plastic on it. Had a 3.5HP put an old school white one