Motorized Bikes / Engine Powered Bicycles Thread

MiniChopper made from a stolen bicycle, burglar bars off a pawn shop window, a scrap pocketbike and some Sportster parts I had laying around...

Very unique,very daring. Here is my contribution. A Wizzer,based on a design I found in an issue of Mechanics Illistratred from 1949. Showing the use of a bicycle frame 2 rims welded together as a drive wheel and belt drive.I made my first one in 1967,this one was made for my Son in 2005.It has 16 inch wheels now. On the original an Idler wheel was used to tighten the belt to make it go and you used the coaster brake to slow down. I modified the design using a belt drive clutch and a Ruttman style band brake.My Son has used it since 2005 and it is now in for a rebuild. At 19 he still loves it. It will be more "chopper like" after the rebuild. It is getting a 20 inch rear wheel assembly and a new engine, a 3 1/2 Hp Briggs and new paint. I will post it when finished.

my homemade mini chopper

here are some pics of my homemade mini chopper, it started out as a schwinn stingray occ, and i cut up the frame and rewelded box steel to it. in one picture, it was setup with a centrifugal clutch, in the other pictures the engine is sitting on a stone so i could measure the distance needed between the engine and frame. I am using 1in box steel and 1/2in washers as the spacer. the last picture is the beginning of the hydraulic rear brakes. i am only 16 and ive done all the work with very little help. dont pay attention to the dates on the camera, my camera got messed up, these pics are from over the weekend (1/5/13 to 1/6/13).

I've had this pic on my laptop forever...

Travis Bicycle Engine

I just think it's really neat how compact it all is from the tank to the engine to the friction drive...even provides it's own fender.

heres my pile of crap. Its not pretty but it works great. just threw an old jawa moped engine on it. its geared slow but itll climb just about any hill. and with the turn of a dial it locks out for pedal only mode :thumbsup: