Murray Track 2 Project

Finally a Murray worth looking at :thumbsup: That is the theme I wanted to do on a Manco 573 . I love the Rat Rod look. Tried to do one of my own a couple months ago, But yours turned out waaay cool. Nice Job!!!!

Bars

Hello, Im new to the site and was reading this post and was wondering on what bars he used on his Murray Track 2, and maybe the size, thanks in advance

buckeye

Forgot about this bike. Use to be mine.:laugh:

I would guess, just some 7/8" Ape hangers for a bicycle.
That's what I used for this one.

From ebay.:thumbsup:

Forgot about this bike. Use to be mine.:laugh:

I would guess, just some 7/8" Ape hangers for a bicycle.
That's what I used for this one.

From ebay.:thumbsup:
Well i got the bars, ad they don't fit, waste of 30 bucks...the center of the bars has a 1inch knurled piece that the risers don't fit around...any ideas where to get some 15 inch bars without that crap in the middle....please help

That wouldn't help, the center if the bar is too big for the space on the riser...I'll have to get the dremel out and grind the inner sides of the clamps...oh well

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

How about this: could the risers be moved out, away from center, to allow them to clamp onto the 7/8" diameter of the handle bars? Just enough to avoid the wider knurled part of the bars?

Thought about that, but then I would have extra holes in the triple tree...I kinda anal about stuff like that, plus I just spent a few bucks getting her powder coated...its OK, I'm going to mod the clamps and if I screw it up I'll make a custom out of stock...thanks

Sent from my TouchPad using Tapatalk