murray track 2

Hello I'm a newbie to this forum. I recently bought a track 2 to restore with my grandson. The rear wheel and shaft housing with the sprocket flange and brake drum flange is bent. This is a welded assembly, wheel to shaft and flanges to shaft. I have been looking for a replacement but can not find anything like what I have. It has a 4.00x8 tire. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Oldguy33948

CarPlayLB

Can you weld? If so, i may have an extra front wheel that you may be able to modify to work. Murray parts are hard to find! Good luck and welcome to the fun!

I think I can heat and beat the wheel straight on the shaft if I take the tire off. I am going to see if I can turn the flanges true on a lathe, looks like the brake flange is OK but the sprocket flange at a quick measurement is about .020" out. Since I have a 72 tooth sprocket that's a lot at that diameter. Wish me luck!

Well with a lot of work I have the sprocket running reasonably straight but the rear wheel where the tire bead is so bad I can not make it work I have been heating and beating so much the bead flange broke off the wheel. Does anyone have a rear wheel assembly for sale?

trinik7597

that bike was priced right on cl almost made the drive myself :thumbsup: what does the rear wheel look like do you have a picture :shrug: