My dads Doodle Bug with 6 H.P Engine Swap

TANGO

We did have to bend a small part of the frame to clear the factory 6 H.P air Cleaner . But other then that no mounting plates needed just some new holes drilled . All the stock hook up-s were reused . It starts right up and has Lots of power right from the get-go . And this is the Lower Frame Doodlebug .

TANGO

It's balanced dead on Like that and you can fuel it as well . Ruppster it's a brand New Engine starts idle and Runs Great .

Clutch is mounted with sprocket outboard as can be seen on second photo using the original cover and looking at where chain exits the cover (also notice base of engine is far to the right on the plate). I have one of these Powersport engines but havn't yet drilled and mounted it yet, I was reluctent to bend the rear hoop for the clearence, only need about 1/2 inch of travel for chain adjustment anyway, but I like to start with as short a chain as possible to allow for stretch and slop.
The gas cap is diff from mine I have more like a Honda cap (low and flat), that looks like a screw on cap and I do not have that little barrier around the cap area for fuel spillage.

toomanytoys

sears has one near me for sale for $199 from $399!! should i buy it and install my 6hp tec??. what do i need to do??.
All the bike is pretty much is a roller, the motor is a boat anchor from the factory.

You can get a nice vintage roller for 200 bucks.....maybe I'm just a sucker for an old bike with a sad story of abuse.....But I'd prefer to save an old bike and throw a new motor on it, than to buy a Chinese bike and do the same.

One of these days though I will find a cheap DB30..by cheap under 100 bucks..then I'll buy it..just because..

its sitting outside at the pickup section. i just saw it. i have a 6hp tec with a nos tav2!. i like the brake setup on it but i hate chinese junk. but for $199 cant beat it... hum??