My H35

Hey all,

I just picked up a runner H35. I have rebuilt Briggs before but have not been able to do a Tecmseh. :thumbsup:

the first digit of the year is a 4, does it mean that is is either a 64 or a 74? :confused:

The coil is under the flywheel on this engine. Is that the one you can run lights with? The flywheel is aluminium.

It looks like it has had a new carb and air cleaner put on at some point. The only problem is that it is not getting fuel.

I may rebuild it sometime in the years to come, but at the moment it would make an awesome rat-bike motor. Just look at that custom exhaust! :laugh:

IMG_3254.JPG IMG_3255.JPG IMG_3256.JPG

markus

1974, thats a cool shroud, Its the last of the AL flywheel and curvetop, its also the lesser seen rivited pull start which is neat as you can put the recoil in any position and you could get away with installing a lighted flywheel with it :thumbsup: AND with those numbers the later throttle lingkage unit thats still avaialable (at least I think it still is) fits it and looks "correct". the exhaust IS pretty cool!

I just picked one up myself with that shroud but it is a late year 1969, I'm working on detailing it out right now.
View attachment 66897

Im going to pick one of those up too don't know what year it is yet till I see it. yours has a Briggs gas tank on it, never saw an exhaust like that, it sure is different but that's a good thing.