Need a Super Bronc vt8 front fork assembly

I need a Super Bronc vt8 front fork assembly. Forks,shock tubes and springs. I could even use the handlebars too. Thanks for any assistance. Kerry

I'd be willing to trade a complete speedometer assembly, a tow hitch, a headlight( not in great condition, but has the attachment bracket/bolt, and the shell(front and back) of an original horn. Innards are toast. Good bracket. Trade only for a front fork assembly. I'll throw in some cash too.

Or---I also have a gold/copper 1969, 3 hp Briggs great shape, original paint and decals, runs good, updraft carb,tapered 3/4 shaft with key way, I'd trade for the fork.

toomanytoys

Are you looking for the wide tire front of the narrow tire front?

I have a Vt8 roller I'd be willing to part with, but it has the narrow front forks on it. Not willing to part out.

Also do you check ebay? I've seen several super broncs parted out over the years.

Ron Kimbell used to bend up nice new bars for a good price.

I finally broke mine apart with transmission fluid/acetone mix applied for several days, and heat and a 3 lb hammer. I'm going to sand blast it and see how it looks. Bottom of my forks are pretty corroded, might have to cut about a 1/4" off each side.
I d like to have a wide set to match the back tire, but then the fender will be an issue. I actually have 2 excellent fenders.
I'm needing shock tubes and maybe springs( any sources?) I know Ron makes the tubes although I talked to his son,and he said they don't like to.
I check everywhere and will keep looking. I just have a lack of patience.

I just ordered a set of shock tubes from Ron a couple weeks ago, just waiting for them to arrive. Also, if you need the boots, he has a part number and website for them too. Apparently they are on a website for GE washer replacement parts.

toomanytoys

I don't believe anyone has ever successfully replicated the springs. I could be wrong been a few years since I looked. If push came to shove I'd bolt them together and run it.

Springs were bent a bit, actually look ok straightened out.ill order the tubes next week. I ordered the rubber boots from a Honda 50 from the 70's. Found them on eBay. Supposedly the same thing.
And then I can start looking for the drive system. I believe this is going to cost as much as my hotrod truck!

toomanytoys

I used those on one of my super broncs they fit ok. One end us either too big or too small can't remember which. My super broncs are hidden in the back of the out building. I'll have to get then out

Drive setups are VERY hard to find...I got lucky and a local fella had TC bracket with brake provision , I was able to piece the rest together with Ron Kimball's help.
I know this may not be the right place to post an Ebay listing, but check this bike out... has the drive setup on it....I suspect it wont sell, but if you consider the last one of those drive units I seen went for $150, it may not be a bad deal if you have him pull the drive, rear wheel and fender and ship those to you...

1972 Heald VT T Super Bronc | eBay

toomanytoys

That bike is jacked up.

The jack shaft bracket is easy enough to make. I had an AutoCAD drawing of it on my old computer but its long gone. I had 2 of them made. Cost me 50 dollars for them.

2 bends and 2 1-1/4 holes for the bearings

I'm becoming thoroughly confused on the jack shaft deal. Mines not there, and the engine plate really doesn't look like it has room or bolt holes for it.
In studying pics of them it seems some have the jack shaft with the chain on the right side, then some have the rear sprocket and chain on the left. I know this probably isn't the place for all this, but would some of the Super Bronc pros enlighten me?

I think yours has the or would've had the bracket like the one I sent you pics of the black one the one that bolts right to the motor if yours doesn't have any extra holes in the plate. The one on eBay is like a vt7 it would've had the small 8" wheel like the Minibike I sent you pics of also. Hope that answers your question....

The VT8 and VT10. Older ones mount to the side of the motor with the band brake on them. 1981 or1982 on the VT10 40 it went back to the U shaped jackshaft with a disc brake. Send me a pm I might have a good used one if not I have had New ones made up.