Need help/Advice with really firm rear Shocks

Hello,
I got these shocks at a local store for dirt cheap.
I believe they are Jin Suspension LJ400A coil shocks. Currently have them set up on the rear of my minibike.
One of the coils has 350lbs/Inch written on it.
Have them adjusted all the way for a softer ride, but they are still way too firm.
Looking up some info they seem to be for a 'MTB bike trailer'?
Was wondering what options do I have to make them softer? The coils?
Or any other options/advice for a dual rear shock setup?

Thomas

trinik7597

I think your problem is more the flex point than the shocks !! You must have modded this frame no ?? Looks like there is a support from the back of the motor plate to the top rails . so all that is moving is the swing arm which is limited by the chain .

I think your problem is more the flex point than the shocks !! You must have modded this frame no ?? Looks like there is a support from the back of the motor plate to the top rails . so all that is moving is the swing arm which is limited by the chain .
Cheapest solution is to buy new shocks!
I agree on both points!! Either buy new (cheap) weaker shocks or move the shock mounts closer to the bottom swing arm pivot point (may need to fab taller mounts) if you go that route (which looks like you have plenty of room to do)!! They will soften the shorter your pivot point becomes from the rear axle....may have to move your top mount forward to the square tubing also!! I had the same problem with a seat suspension I did:

I started out like this and it didnt move at all!!

Then I moved the shock forward and that made all the difference!! Leverage!!

Hope this helps!!....and makes sense!! :thumbsup: