Need help ASAP: Doodle bug wont start, no spark, tried new spark plug, still no spark

denn1s

I drove this to work about 15 miles at full throttle, oil was good, gas was good. i had my AMPd energy drink in front of the seat and it was splashing around a bit, not much, it was wet/drizzling.

I noticed it bogging down a few times so I adjusted the choke while i was driving it and it was fine, got to work, parked it inside.

I put a bag over the motor (so it didnt drip on the floor)

went to go start it 4 hrs later, no spark. Noticed the motor still had some drops of liquid (ampd) on it, some around the spark plugs.

I thought someone maybe flooded it hahahahaing with the throttle while I was working

So far all Ive checked was the spark plug, bought a new one and still no spark. I tried unflooding it by pulling the start string 500 times it actually popped one of those plates out, so I had to take the casing off and fix the pull string...

Any ideas what to check next? Carb? Air filter box? Im not getting a spark tho... neither the old or new spark plug worked. It acted like it tried to get a spark the first crack but that was it, the new spark plug is a much smaller one i saw on another post that would work.

denn1s

btw when i go to pull start it i do feel air and smell gas coming from the exhaust... but just hear nothing, it doesnt try to start

denn1s

i actually tried to wire some lights to the kill switch, when the kill switch wasnt grounded it would start even without the switch being on or off...

i just took the air filter box and carb off and noticed brown stuff on the gray grille radiator looking thing behind the carb under the tank...?

Neck

Growing up is optional
Now wait a minute......you had a light bulb wired to the kill switch wire on one side of the bulb, and the other side of the bulb was grounded?

denn1s

discounected the hot for the kill switch, still no fire. just sounds like im pulling a string

it does sound like it attempts to fire once on the first pull but thats it....

denn1s

Now wait a minute......you had a light bulb wired to the kill switch wire on one side of the bulb, and the other side of the bulb was grounded?
yea 3 days ago, motor wouldnt even start lol. so i bought a battery pack, see other thread

denn1s

i guess im checking for spark by buying a new spark plug and not hearing the motor at all try to start except once faintly when i pull the cord...?

how can i check for the spark exactly?

pull the spark plug, connect it to the spark plug boot and then lay the tip of the plug against something metal (shroud, frame, etc) and pull the cord. if you see spark at the tip of the plug, your problem could point to something gas related. gotta make sure it's touching metal though when you pull the cord.

denn1s

ok i do have spark...

whats the silver looking radiator/grille looking thing under the gas tank infront of the carb? it has brown stuff on it, almost looks burnt...?

theres not much gas in the tank but its got about an inch of gas in it, but it doesnt really try to start

could it be flooded?

denn1s

it just sounds like its not even hooked up to an engine when i try to start it.

but i feel and smell gas/air coming out of the exhaust when i pull the string

i took the pull string thing apart already and made sure everything was intact...

does it still have compression ? if you pull the spark plug out and put your finger over the hole and pull the rope you should feel it built pressure and trying to suck your finger in the motor . maybe you have a valve stuck ?

denn1s

i know it blows out a little out of the exhaust and i can smell gas. ill check the compression in the morning. i dont wanna wake my girl up anymore. i keep having to push it out into the hall and making tons of noise.

if i do have compression, what should i check next?

why would it be running fine, in the drizzling rain and now not even start?