need help on CAT 250X forks

OK, cool. I wish I could help more but it's to much of a pain to get may cats down right now. :doah:

Looks like a one wacker though. Hahahaha!

You will want to either pull those or use a press. Ask any guy at a bike shop and they will tell you not to beat on them with a sledge hammer: :eek:ut:

You will want to either pull those or use a press. Ask any guy at a bike shop and they will tell you not to beat on them with a sledge hammer: :eek:ut:
Not everyone has access to a press and you have to account for bounce back and the other parts that are already fine. Pulling is the least controllable where the sledge is controlled, shimmed, and protected by wood. I've done all three methods (+ heat) and the sledge (done right) is the easiest for the average guy without access to a press.

So, do you have any before and after pic's or experience or are you just flapping your gum's again and your only advice it to ask a bike shop? :rolleyes:

Listen clown, just because you had some luck with it does not mean "the average joe" should attack his forks with a sledge, its just very bad advice. But you have to consider the source:eek:ut:

Go ask a Professional about this method, they will laugh at the back yard wanna be procedure. goat you have some good ideas but you are steering some of these guys in the wrong direction on this, just think before you offer the amateur advice, but thanks for trying...:thumbsup:

Go ask a Professional about this method, they will laugh at the back yard wanna be procedure. goat you have some good ideas but you are steering some of these guys in the wrong direction on this, just think before you offer the amateur advice, but thanks for trying...:thumbsup:
They can mess up all 4 methods if they are like you. :doah:

They can mess up all 4 methods if they are like you. :doah:
I was just offering a comment on your Inadequate procedure, it was not a personal attack on you:wink: As far as the last comment you made, I believe Hent wanted you to keep those in the private area.You have a nice day goat:thumbsup:

I was just offering a comment on your Inadequate procedure, it was not a personal attack on you:wink: As far as the last comment you made, I believe Hent wanted you to keep those in the private area.You have a nice day goat:thumbsup:
So potty mouth now acts a saint? :eek:ut: And the PM you sent to me a few minutes ago? GO BACK TO CHURCH SAINT BOY!

ohman11

View My Photos

Your wife likes the 4 procedures I use on her....LOL

Last edited:
So potty mouth now acts a saint? :eek:ut: And the PM you sent to me a few minutes ago? GO BACK TO CHURCH SAINT BOY!

ohman11

View My Photos

Your wife likes the 4 procedures I use on her....LOL
I am keeping it in the private area., you should too! :thumbsup:
Am I not allowed to comment on any post you make about repairing a minibike? Do we all have to agree with the way you do things?:thumbdown:

Wow! where do you come up with this stuff? Why are you stirring things up in the public area?
Again?
I think people should know who they take advice from and associate with.:thumbsup:

I do have tons of fresh PM's like this from you I could share but i don't think it's in your best interest! :thumbsup:

I think people should know who they take advice from and associate with.:thumbsup:

I do have tons of fresh PM's like this from you I could share but i don't think it's in your best interest! :thumbsup:
I have all of your PM's Too but lets talk about straightening forks and we can keep the nasty stuff in the private area, you know away from the kids:thumbsup:

See the problem I have with using a sledge on the forks is it would be so easy to do irreversible harm to them if everything wasn't set up just perfect. Quite honestly pulling them would be much better for most home mechanics. Of course this is just my opinion

Last edited:
I have all of your PM's Too but lets talk about straightening forks and we can keep the nasty stuff in the private area, you know away from the kids:thumbsup:
My PM's aren't anything like yours AND you have no experience bending bars so I'd say you're only on this thread to insult me (like the other threads)

Do you really think people are stupid? Do you have a life?

See the problem I have with using a sledge on the forks is it would be so easy to do irreversible harm to them if everything wasn't set up just perfect. Quite honestly pulling them would be much better for most home mechanics. Of course this is just my opinion
Have you tried either? :oops: Guessers shouldn't be experts. :thumbsup: