Need help with a84 honda atc200s!

HI, i just got a 1984 Honda ATC200s from my churches neighbor for $50 and it seems that it will run just gotta give it some TLR. (Tender Loving Repair)
I'm new to the trike thing but i think i know whats wrong with it i just don't know how to fix it. :freakout:
the main problems are:
1. Gear shift pedal is missing
2. need a seat
3. coil starter thingy (maybe)
4. Air cleaner cover is missing
5. brakes (frnt brake line is broken and lft brake lever is 2)
6. missing the ignition switch/light switch

i just realized i said i'm new to the trike thing.. and i am... but im sort of a mechanic in training. I've only worked on cars and trucks never on this kind of engine but its probably the same.. kinda. Thats why i am asking for help so if anyone knows anything about this kind of bike/trike please don't hesitate in posting.:helpsmilie:

Last edited:
thanks i'll try to look up some parts but ill need some help with stuff like the steps to fixing or something like that.
like if its the coil starter thingy i wouldnt have a clue how to fix it.

and how would i diagnose the trike. like figure out the real problem not the minor ones?

still freaking out :freakout:

hey, i just came from looking at ebay and craigslist and there was nothing on craigslist.
some things on ebay but nothing really.
is this trike like not famous or there wasnt many made or something?

still freaking out :freakout:

You can still get parts for your Honda ATC 200s, You just have to look in the right places. Brake cables/throttle are available still. along with all the engine parts some body parts are still available from aftermarket company's. Look at Dennis Kirk and other off-road ATV sites. The 200 series engines from Honda are very reliable if you take care of them, or if someone took care of them from the beginning they will run forever. Watch ebay parts are on there all the time,

Last edited: