Need Welders Advice (take two) Can this frame be save

p35

Sorry I'm sober now, just kidding :shrug: I was having issues posting pictures. My question is for all you welders out there can this frame be repair ,somebody really did a number on it.

capguncowboy

Oh geeze. Why would someone drill the frame tube for the mounting bolt?

I hope there is a way to salvage it, but I suspect it will require a lot of work. Best of luck to you.

Someone helpful should chime in soon

p35

In case the pictures didn't upload , I'll try to describe it the best i can. Looks like somebody try to fit a bigger engine on a manco frame . By trying to put it at the very edge of the engine plate . The person starting drilling the engine plate but didn't notice the drill going through the frame tube in two spots . Now the tube has 1/3 of it eaten away in two spots under the engine plate can this be fix. thank you

trinik7597

that is pretty bad not just the frame but the engine plate too :doah: it can be fixed just a matter of how much time or money you want to throw at it :thumbsup:

bruces

Going to your pictures I can see it .Anyways the engine plate should be cut off then it would be fairly simple to weld up the holes or replace the tube .

I cant see the pictures, but if its metal, it can be repaired, replaced etc etc. cut it out and weld in the new section using plugs in each end as well. then drill and rosette weld the plugs and weld around the tube and plate area and grind it pretty and paint or powder.

The top I would weld and grind smooth.

As for the underside I would weld what you can and grind smooth. Then I would plate the tube by cutting a 1/4 or 1/3 section of another tube and welding over the existing tube. Hope this makes sense. Nate

The top I would weld and grind smooth.

As for the underside I would weld what you can and grind smooth. Then I would plate the tube by cutting a 1/4 or 1/3 section of another tube and welding over the existing tube. Hope this makes sense. Nate
This^^
and if you grind it nice n smooth afterwards,nobody will ever notice.:thumbsup:

looks pretty easy....start by using a flap disc to clean up the area around the holes. A mig gun is just made for this kind of repair. start on one hole and just squeeze off two or three "dabs" on one side of the hole and then move to another hole. Use short bursts of the trigger. You will want to alternate from one hole to the next so the piece won't get to hot in one spot...it will be easy to let the bead fall into the hole....don't let that happen....after the hole is filled, grind it smooth and finish it with a flap disc.