never run briggs on ebay

george3

I dont know the year but not 1960 for sure. I am not sure when they changed the design but its not what he says. You notice thet he dosent show the year when he showes the serial numbers. Here is a 1960 briggs 3HP I have.

george3

Zoom in on the spark plug its been taped off and painted. also painted over dirt or rust. color might be off as well. And there is more! but you find it, LOL

Vintage Briggs and Stratton 1960 Never Ran Copper Color Minibike Kart | eBay

the paint is wrong

the starter handle is replaced----how did it wear out if the engine was never started ?

and last, that sure isn't a 1960 decal.

this thing is totally bogus

Looks exactly like my 72 engine. Same paint, same handle and same decal. :shrug:

Not a 60's engine but people have been known to miss read the serial numbers.

I would agree something does look fishy with the paint around the rusty appearing head bolts and the fact that the spark plugs was taped off. The side decal also looks just like that, a decal,which isn't correct either.

oldfatguy

you can see the white edge on the engine decal which proves that it's a repo. Original briggs gold paint doesn't have metallic in it. That engine decal wasn't used until 1967. It is definably not a 1960 engine, at best it's late sixties to early seventies,

The serial number the guy posted clearly makes it a 1975. Not sure where he got 1960 from.:shrug: The painted plug base is very suspect but they did paint the mufflers and plug wires often got a little paint on them.

markus

Good stuff to know. Did Briggs ever paint their mufflers and spark plug threads?
yes the motors were assembled when they went though paint. have a look in classifieds section, there is an NOS briggs listed as of today for quick reference. thats actually one thing I look for on stuff to tell just how untouched the motor is, paint will be burnt on the muff and no paint on the plug will mean its been changed

I even sent the guy a question telling him he was mis-leading the public and what the engine was--no reply! There's a sucker born every minute.