New Coleman CT200u owner, looking for mod advice.

Hey guys, newbie here to the mini bike life. Just picked up the Coleman CT200u which I believe is a gx200 6.5hp clone.
What are some of the BASIC things you guys did when you first got your bikes?

How about replacing the Chinese spark plug it comes with , a LD-F7TC is oem plug.
What's an NGK replacement?

I ordered the OldMiniBikes intake for it already. I would like to do a header also.
Would I have to rejet the carb ?

I would like your input please......thanks.

welcome , header and intake will require re-jet , you can buy a #61 or #62 drill bit and do it yourself ! also a good plug is an Autolite racing plug AR3910 or AR3910X , the above items will wake her up a bit !!

That sounds good, not looking to open the motor or head....just yet lol.
Is it cheaper to drill it out or just buy a jet? What size jet with filter and header only?

Also, I only ran NGK in any Japenese car, do these like Autolite better?

Is it cheaper to drill it out or just buy a jet? What size jet with filter and header only?

Also, I only ran NGK in any Japenese car, do these like Autolite better?
Welcome to the madness..... I mean forum :thumbsup: Nice to see another Connecticut guy here :thumbsup: Its easier to just buy the jet kit :doah: You can get a jet kit at OldMiniBikes this is the one I always get https://www.OldMiniBikes.com/Racing-Jet-Kit.html?category_id=1623 and this is the header I like to use https://www.OldMiniBikes.com/Tall-N...-on-Muffler-Honda-Clone.html?category_id=1629 I don't know how it would work on your bike I have never seen one up close :shrug:
Either NGK or Autolite will work fine, you can just take you stock plug to any auto parts store and they can match up the right replacement for you :thumbsup:
Where in CT are you?

Welcome to the madness..... I mean forum :thumbsup: Nice to see another Connecticut guy here :thumbsup: Its easier to just buy the jet kit :doah: You can get a jet kit at OldMiniBikes this is the one I always get https://www.OldMiniBikes.com/Racing-Jet-Kit.html?category_id=1623 and this is the header I like to use https://www.OldMiniBikes.com/Tall-N...-on-Muffler-Honda-Clone.html?category_id=1629 I don't know how it would work on your bike I have never seen one up close :shrug:
Either NGK or Autolite will work fine, you can just take you stock plug to any auto parts store and they can match up the right replacement for you :thumbsup:
Where in CT are you?
Yeah I saw that kit that's why I was asking. I am going to find a header or have one made like a sports bike, to exit under the seat.
I am in new haven, I see your close. What do you have... Pics?

Welcome TripleAA, cool bike huh? Just got back a bit ago from a spin on my coleman 200 and i've got to say its a heck of bike, even bone stock. I want to do some mods too eventually but not sure if i need to, everyone who jumped on it (they were forewarned!) did a wheelie and busted at some point, me included. Is a torquey lil rascal isn't it?

I'll look forward to hearing your results from adding the jet, filter and header...i'll probably add a TAV at some point to mine.

Welcome TripleAA, cool bike huh? Just got back a bit ago from a spin on my coleman 200 and i've got to say its a heck of bike, even bone stock. I want to do some mods too eventually but not sure if i need to, everyone who jumped on it (they were forewarned!) did a wheelie and busted at some point, me included. Is a torquey lil rascal isn't it?

I'll look forward to hearing your results from adding the jet, filter and header...i'll probably add a TAV at some point to mine.
Thanks for the warm welcome, I assume you have the oem clutch. I myself am sourcing a direct bolt on with no mods at all torque converter.
I think I am on to something but won't know till another week. So have you changed the spark plug with a better one yet ?

I am also a new ct200u owner and I have read that flipping the jack shaft gears will get you a lot more speed. But that would require a resizing of chains which is not a huge deal. I will likely try this at some point down the road. Right now I am enjoying the bike completely stock.

Harley papa is right , jet kit is easier , problem is you can't stop at one mini bike , I have drilled at least a dozen or more jets with a $4 bit , I use a pin-vise ( hand held jewelers drill ) you can by at hobby lobby for about $8 I think , Hey I'm a tight wad Dago and just like doing everything myself :laugh:

I never did a thing to mine, have been running the stock plug for right at a year now. It starts fine all the wy down to 10 degrees or so (last winter) and seems to keep up with governed rpm's no problem. I think the only noticable difference i've seen is when i run regular gas as opposed to non ethanol with a shot of Lucas fuel tretment. With treated non-eth it will start on the 2nd pull everytime and seems to run smoother. I had every intention of adding the TAV before now but it does so well without it i havn't bothered yet. At some point i'll tire of the top speed and get to work though..with the TAV it should be able to top 30mph no problem. It probably does 20-25 now.

Is an incredible bike for the money, mine was like new but used and i bought it off craigslist for 300.00. I dont think you can have much more fun for 300 bucks.:)

I am also a new ct200u owner and I have read that flipping the jack shaft gears will get you a lot more speed. But that would require a resizing of chains which is not a huge deal. I will likely try this at some point down the road. Right now I am enjoying the bike completely stock.
Hey, where in New England are you ? What did you do to break the motor in?

I never did a thing to mine, have been running the stock plug for right at a year now. It starts fine all the wy down to 10 degrees or so (last winter) and seems to keep up with governed rpm's no problem. I think the only noticable difference i've seen is when i run regular gas as opposed to non ethanol with a shot of Lucas fuel tretment. With treated non-eth it will start on the 2nd pull everytime and seems to run smoother. I had every intention of adding the TAV before now but it does so well without it i havn't bothered yet. At some point i'll tire of the top speed and get to work though..with the TAV it should be able to top 30mph no problem. It probably does 20-25 now.

Is an incredible bike for the money, mine was like new but used and i bought it off craigslist for 300.00. I dont think you can have much more fun for 300 bucks.:)
Yeah I was thinking about leaving it stock but the intake and exhaust seemed cheap so why not. I want to have an exhaust made for it if I can't find a header that will fit under the seat. I didn't want to rejet it but makes sense since I have more air coming in. Has anyone done the rejet on this bike ?

I am from New Hampshire. I am still kind of breaking in the motor. However the thing has ran for about a total of 3 hours and seems like it has used no gas at all.. woo.

I have had to oil the clutch though.