New Happy Member, Saying Hi

Very happy to have found this site.
Hope to be a helpful long term member by adding good information as I learn.

Little about who I am, what I do, etc...
Just an Old Fart 44 from Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
Been working on the Mississippi River for 20 years.
Member of BRAMBA (Baton Rouge Mountain Bike Association) for years. Have more money in my Bikes than I do in cars. Love to trail ride and camp in the woods with my loyal dog. Riding the trails and camping in the woods is truly the only thing that gets rid of all the stress of every day life that the world dishes out.

Why I am on board with OldMiniBikes.
Have been trying to come across something to ride the 200 miles of OHV (Off Highway Vehicle) trails in the Kistachie National Forest, when go on camping trips. With out having to pedal my Mountain Bike 36 miles at a time.
Have been fooling around with the Motorized Mountain Bike thing with no problems at all on flat, bone dry single track dirt trails.
Problem I am having is those China 2 stroke engines don't have enough torque for any hills, the bicycle tires to narrow for tree roots with out having the bars ripped out of your hands, tires loose all traction on leaves, also to narrow for any traction on wet trails.

Came across the following video on youtube......and knew had found the answer and exactly what I was looking for....
MiniBike Trail Ride In The Woods Nov23
MiniBike Trail Ride In The Woods Nov23 - YouTube

I now have a new Baja MB200. With the wide three wheeler tires and the Honda Clone eng. Have not had a chance to ride on the Sandstone Multi-Use Trails, but have rode several times in the woods behind house with very very positive results. Have the Baja in my Living Room and will be starting modification now. Need some help from the ones who have them and will be giving detailed updates as I make upgrades. Will be giving feedback on what works and don't. Already looking to buy another one for friends or family to ride with me.
Truly believe this will make a great little trail bike after some modifications and upgrades.

Will keep my post to the Baja section, seen where this is only a small and limited group on OldMiniBikes.
Any help or suggestions will be much appreciated.
Thanks
Larry H

Welcome to the fun Larry!

I don't have a MB so can't help ya there, but others will be along to help.

Look around and search is your friend. There have been many people that have modified your style bike here. Lots of pics to look at and we like to see new pics.

Welcome to the OldMiniBikes Larry!! Trail riding is very relaxing when ya dont have to pedal!! I too was an avid mountain biker but too many accidents (atv and mountainbike) took the wind outa those sails........so now I just build them and stare at them!! LOL

buckeye

Welcome.
We are almost getting enough folks down this way to have a little get together.
I am sure I can still get the local dirt gokart track for a little flat track racing and get together.
I tried it the last two years and there wasn't enough folks.
I count at least five or six now.

Welcome. Did you say you put a Torque Converter on your mini? If not then I highly suggest you do.
Yes the TAV is first on my list.
I will have to use the Lug Nut attachment modification, for my eng. has the shaft that takes a Nut rather than the Bolt.
Seen where there are several differ choices as far as sprocket teeth count any suggestion all my riding will be off road trails.
Also tires, I know that this has been beaten to death over and over on the forum. Have read every post can find on the tires. Want the largest tires can fit with out having to modify the frame if possible.
Found where most are using 20x7x8, I did see were one post was talking about some 21x7x8 on the web but hard to find. Searched the OldMiniBikes forum could not find where anyone had used this size. I did find several place to buy the 21x7x8 think will fit if move the axle nut all the way to the max.
Starting to add to much here will have to start a new Thread in the Build section of forum.
Where on OldMiniBikes forum should I post a new thread for these type of question that relate to Baja Warriors?

Thanks to Everyone for the Welcomes.
I sure do appreciate that.
Everyone here seams to be some good folks, and understand how it is to get stared.

Thanks Again
Larry H