New Here, New Project: Murray Mini Bike

I got some seemingly stuck forever lowers on my latest K&S Hornet Deluxe find loose and working in a couple of hours last week just by spraying PB blaster on the tubes with the bike upside down then set it upright and sprayed down the springs, the suspension works fine and the frozen axle came loose just as easy. I'm a believer in the stuff. When something is terribly locked up I use a propane torch on it to add a little heat which seems to move the stuff deeper into the rust. WD40 is for displacing moisture, originally called Water Displacer 40th formula. It works to take squeaks out of stuff for a time but has no long term effects as far as lubricating properties, I've never has any success breaking loose rusted bolts with it. Liquid Wrench has nothing on PB Blaster either, works half as good maybe.

Stop it.:laugh: Wouldn't let me edit. I meant.............100 times better than WD40.
I got every nut and bolt off this bike with PB blaster'

I'd love to see someone build suspended forks for a Murray, I sold mine because it rode way too rough for a suspended seat bike. They sure do steer and handle fantastically though with the 8" wheels especially. They also need a smaller rear sprocket if the engine size and power go way up, mine would wheelie way too easily to the point it was more dangerous than fun. A buddy had one with a HF blue clone and it left out from under more folks or wheelied them onto their ass. I love the styling on the bikes as well, a handsome bike with a sturdy frame.

I got some seemingly stuck forever lowers on my latest K&S Hornet Deluxe find loose and working in a couple of hours last week just by spraying PB blaster on the tubes with the bike upside down then set it upright and sprayed down the springs, the suspension works fine and the frozen axle came loose just as easy. I'm a believer in the stuff. When something is terribly locked up I use a propane torch on it to add a little heat which seems to move the stuff deeper into the rust. WD40 is for displacing moisture, originally called Water Displacer 40th formula. It works to take squeaks out of stuff for a time but has no long term effects as far as lubricating properties, I've never has any success breaking loose rusted bolts with it. Liquid Wrench has nothing on PB Blaster either, works half as good maybe.
i have found Kroil Oil by Kanolabs (have to buy from their website) to maybe even outdo the pb blaster on rusted stuff also Freezeoff by CRC seems to do pretty good as well

The next thing I am looking at getting is a new Sprocket and Tires.

Can anyone link me to a "Safe" Sprocket? I keep reading that the stock one will cause too much lift for the rider. Also, and good "Road" tires for the stock 8" Wheels?

Thanks in advance! I will also be in the market for a new Clutch, so any links would be helpful!

Can anyone link me to a "Safe" Sprocket? I keep reading that the stock one will cause too much lift for the rider. Also, and good "Road" tires for the stock 8" Wheels?

Thanks in advance! I will also be in the market for a new Clutch, so any links would be helpful!
The Murray has a Monster 80 tooth sprocket. There are a few folks on the forum that swapped them out for smaller 60 tooth or 54 tooth sprockets. I had a Manco Thunderbird with an 80 tooth sprocket and a 5 hp Honda GC160 (it actually made closer to 7hp)--I swapped to a 54 tooth sprocket--after the bike put me in the ER after it took off on me. I don't know your chain size: #35 has a few more options, #40 is on the Manco--so I had fewer choices. Check out the gear ratio calculator on this site. You want to be about 6-6.5:1. The lower the final ratio, the higher the speed but you might have problems getting rolling. My Manco was 5.4:1, but the Honda had so much torque that it would still pull a healthy wheelie. There are a bunch of clutches available. i usually get mine from Russo on eBay. Depending on your chain size, you'll either get a 10 tooth for #40 or 12 tooth for #35. Other combinations are out there, but these are the two basic sizes.

CarPlayLB

I have a 54 tooth you can have! Just pay the shipping...but ya won't like it! OldMiniBikes has the proper 60 tooth sprocket in the steel sprocket section

The 54 gives you zero low end power, but a big top speed...bigger than your brakes!
CarPlay keeps making a good point--use the gear ratio calculator on the home page before you make your decision. The Predator you bought is going to make lots of power--but torque comes on as it revs. 60 tooth is probably the lowest you want to go.